headers on a cj5

• I recently purchased a 72 cj5 with the 232 6cly. engine. I was the middle of putting or patching it up and wanted to put headers on it. I went and picked up a decent set out of salvage yard that came off of a 75 cj5 . My problem now is installing the orginal intake back on. The bolts are long enough to tighten the intake but not the header flanges. The headers are a 2 peice set and since the old exhaust manifold shared bolts with the intake it doesnt seem to tighten the inside flanges of the headers. Are there any spacers or adapters that I can buy to fix that or does anyone know a way that this problem can be solved easly and pretty cheaply.

• There should be some thick conical shaped washers designed to tilt to clamp both sides.. See pic below. Should be available at any Jeep dealer.. Infact I would suggest getting a new manifold bolt kit anyway.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!