'slight' vibe on acceleration(?)

• I have a stock 95 yj. I've had a 'slight' vibe on acceleration between 30 and 45 mph. It got much worse about 2 months ago. I had both u-joints in the rear drive shaft changed, after that it got a lot better. I still have the 'slight' vibe from 30 to 45, and a droning noise at highway speeds. Any thoughts? Maybe the DS is out of balance?? I'm guessing it can't be the front DS, I don't think it moves in 2wd.

Any help would be appreciated :tup:.

Kevin

• well if its stock, and you have a vibration, is it in the front end? where does it feel like its at?

usually MPH associated shimmys are due to alignment/tire balance/bad tread on the tires, or something along those lines.

when was the last time you had an alignment? or new tires/or whats the tread on your tires/ when was the last time you rotated them and balanced them

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Tread seems good. I don't feel it in the wheel, I can't tell where it's coming from. It stops if I take my foot off the gas. I'll do rotation tomorrow to see if it changes how it feels. I guess if that doesn't change it, next will be balance, then alignment, then up the cost scale form there..

kevin

• yeah I'm really not sure what else it would be, if its stock and its a Daily Driver and you dont go out and slam it up hills or into mud holes. Just try the basics first.. like you said.. cost friendly.

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!