yj heat ordeal

• so im on my second yj. with the same ass lame heat situation. im very aware of the nature of the beast speech. but is there any tricks anyone is doing or anything anyone is doing to warm the inside of the jeep up? my heat isnt cold but sure as hell isnt hot. put it this way my spare hand doesn't leave the defrost vent lol, and with the little one now i gotta figure out something.

my last yj i went and bought on of those little heaters that tie onto your battery from the truck stop. but they mind as well need a 220 hook up lol.

• Hows the condition of your YJ's cooling system? I've had my 1992 Yj for close to 10 years now and after about 5 years of owning it I had the same problem as you are having. I needed to replace the heater core and thermostat so I had good heat. The next year I replaced the water pump and radiator and now after a 20 minute drive I normally just turn the fan down to low. I would start with a Thermostat and maybe pull the hoses of the heater core and try flushing it but be carefull because the hoses get suck on the pipes for the heater core and if you pull too hard to can break where they are soldier to the core it may be best to cut them off and replace the 2 heater hoses.JMHO

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Did you pull the hoses off the heatercore and flush it out? Take the garden hose and with medium pressure and flush both sides fittings for the core You may be surprised at how much crud is stuck in there. JMHO

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• yeah i flushed both heater lines first and a lot of stuff came out. when i seen that i then decided to flush the entire system. i might go the extra step and buy radiator flush and do it one more time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!