np231j transfercase help questions

• I was at RC today and case crapped out! it rides fine in 2wd but when put in 4wd it seems like it skips,just got home and pulled front shaft and when i spin where driveshaft bolts to tcase sounds like i here a chain.is it safe to drive?

also will a yj tcase bolt up to my tj.

and one more thing is there someone that could help me rebuild it i will pull it out and drive it where ever,only had it apart when i put sye kit in?

Wayne

• Any chance it's just the linkage a little messed up so it's not engaged fully? If not, open it up and see if there are any shavings or shrapnel in the case. You could probably check this with a magnet in the drain hole...

The 231 tcase is really easy to work on, I've done 2 SYEs and opened up mine a couple times. Just need the correct socket for the yoke and the correct lock/snapring pliers. Quadratec has most of the internal parts, too.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!