I know, I know! I dont like to use this excuse, but Im a women and the tinsnip

• and hammer just are not getting the job done! I need help from someone who really knows what they are doing! The poor victim is a 1989 Jeep Cherokee! I love it! But it is amazing it still runs. If You can name it it needs repaired on it. At the present time I am working on removing the lock/key turn. The screwdriving no longer works. I have removed the steering wheel and various other components. I still cannot get to it!! What am I doing wrong? Please any help is much appretiated!
    Rachael :bang:

• If you've been using a screwdriver to start it , you may have damaged the lock cylinder to a point where it is no longer engaging the rod that actuates the ignition switch :o . Just a thought. I've not been inside of the column on my YJ but it looks similar to a GM type. There usually is some type of spring tensioned plate behind the turn signal switch assembly that will need to be compressed to remove a retaining ring on the sterring shaft. Once that is out I think the lock cylinder is right behind it and held in with a single torx head bolt.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!