Another Electrical Proplem !

• I have been chasing this phantom electrical problem now for over 2 years. I goes away and comes back. Lately, I has been driving me crazy. My YJ just stops running while driving. It leaves me stranded, late for work and sitting along the roadside wiggling wires and banging and tapping until it decides to start again. Here is what I know....

replaced the fuel sending unit
    replaced cam position sensor
    replaced distributor sensor
    Replaced the ECU
    Replaced the TPS
    Tested the Auto shut off relay
    Tested the Fuel relay
    Fuel pump engages and there is fuel pressure
    Motor cranks but doesn't start

This last time I went to start it in the morning and it wouldn't start, I banged and beat on everything I could think of. When it finally started and I started driving down the road, I noticed I had lost all presets on my radio. This tells me it's a ground problem.

I shook and tugged on all grounds with no luck of it cutting off.

Could it be in the key ignition?

I'm at a loss. Please Help !

John

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

Edited once, last by jonzjeepyj ().

• Could be a bad battery or bad positive connection in your electrical circuit.

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• How old are your battery cables? My TJ was doing this, and I went and replaced a lot of expensive stuff before listening to everybody who was telling me it was probably the cables. I replaced the positive wire that ran from the starter to the battery and no more random no starts.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!