last sunday surf success?

• so i was out at the inlet with some other inexperianced surf fishers. had some fun but would love to get some helpful hints.

i only pulled in one croaker that was over 8" and the rest were what the guy next to me called a black spot? oh and on small flounder and a blow fish. i was using blood worms and i was fishing for kings but never got any. i was casting out behind the breakers (like the guy at the bait shop told me) also i did not catch ish after 2 so i packed up about 6 burnt and with a single fish.

any hints for a more successful day?

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• I'm sure this is not what you want to hear...but for summer time (the worst time to fish), you actually had a pretty good day. You are doing the right things, just play the tide and hope you catch a school swimming by. Pretty much when we go in the summer we aren't trying to "fill the cooler"...we are trying to empty it :innocent: .

• I'm sure this is not what you want to hear...but for summer time (the worst time to fish), you actually had a pretty good day. You are doing the right things, just play the tide and hope you catch a school swimming by. Pretty much when we go in the summer we aren't trying to "fill the cooler"...we are trying to empty it :innocent: .

yup yup I have never caught anything but a buzz and a sun burn on the surf....well the occasional football while playing a little catch.....just fun being out there.... :driving:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!