SPLIT FROM JAMBOREE THREAD: JK's and waving

• I think it is a lot on the person driving. There are a ton of wranglers out there and probably 1/2 of them don't care about waving to other Jeeps because they view it as just there "car". Because i wave at everyone and some return it and others don't. Regardless of the type of wrangler. I have two that always wave back on my way home from work. One is a blacked out lifted TJ with tinted windows with a girl driving. I always see her around rt 40/ 213 intersection and another lifted wrangler with orange flames on the hood. I see him around the same area. Are they anyone from the club? I might start blowing my horn then waving at everyone for no on. :wavey: :laughing:

• What about a highway with a concrete barrier in between us, say Route 40, where traffic is going in both directions ?

I always pass a dude in his CJ everyday on my way to work. I used to give him the wave, but he never returned it, but have had other Jeepers give me the wave, and of course, I returned it back.

Maybe he is a CJ only Jeeper, that doesn't like the square headlight crowd ???

I know a while back, that the YJ was a hated Jeep, after the CJ was never to be made again, but its a Jeep, and very capable Jeep.

I know, I know, I used to hate em too. Low to the ground, and those goofy square headlights !!!

I used to always want a TJ, but after my friend owned a YJ, I wanted one too.

My YJ is just as capable as the old CJ !!!

I like the old school leaf springs, and the square headlights, are just fine with me. Its just a headlight !!

:beer: to the YJ owners !!!

• Yes they were hated and broke from the traditional round head lights not to mention that they were lower to the ground then the CJ. They are very good off road once they have been "fixed up". Now the square headlights is just a joke and jab at their owners. Its all in fun now and yes they are PART OF THE JEEP FAMILY and thats what counts.... :wavey:

• and by fixed up you mean change the grill lol jk .... The square headlights never bothered me. I've owned a few of them. The work well offroad. I like them better than a tj. Except the lights

• It makes me laugh when I see a YJ with the converted round headlights. :roflmao:

To me, it really looks ugly with those round headlights, but that is just me.

I say, if your proud to own a YJ, then stay with the square headlights. They look much better.

• I hate being in the 4dr JK group and when I first started with Jeeps in 1997 w/ a TJ (10 or more jeeps ago)I always wondered why people waved at me. Now I have a 4dr and do agree most of the 4dr JK owners have no clue about the wave. They always wanted a Jeep and now they can afford one and now they have kids. This should be on the sun viser----

Warning
    Owning, registering, insuring, or driving a Jeep implies knowledge of and intent to abide by the following rules. Failure to obey the rules may result in your being ignored by other Jeep owners as you sit along the side of the road next to your stalled vehicle in a blizzard surrounded by Saturns, Yugos, and Hyundais. :wavey:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!