SPLIT FROM JAMBOREE THREAD: JK's and waving

• Aren't the Pine Barren's public lands? I wonder how they keep people from just rolling up there and wheeling for free. Since this is a "Just Trails" Jamboree, you are basically paying $150 ($450 family) for a guide? Suckers.

It's a Jeep thing, and you don't have enough Jeep left to understand... JK doesn't count. That's a minivan thing... :innocent:

• It's a Jeep thing, and you don't have enough Jeep left to understand... JK doesn't count. That's a minivan thing... :innocent:

Haha :laughabove: The JK didn't break down like the TJ's last time at RC. Don't worry you'll warm up to the JK eventually. I just hope you return waves to JK's that wave at you. :wavey:

• Doubt it. And I don't bother waving because the JK people NEVER wave back. Lost cause... :innocent:

The sad part is there is a little truth to that. Some if not most do wave though. I do notice a disproportionate number of JK owners who NEVER take their tops off. Not sure I understand buying a Jeep if the top is permanent.

I remember researching JK's before I bought mine and reading complaints such as having to move the visor to unlatch the top, muffler discoloration, etc. The four door definitely invited a new breed of owner to Jeeps for better or worse.

• The sad part is there is a little truth to that. Some if not most do wave though. I do notice a disproportionate number of JK owners who NEVER take their tops off. Not sure I understand buying a Jeep if the top is permanent.

I remember researching JK's before I bought mine and reading complaints such as having to move the visor to unlatch the top, muffler discoloration, etc. The four door definitely invited a new breed of owner to Jeeps for better or worse.

In Dover I honestly have yet to have a single one wave back after a couple dozen tries so I don't bother anymore. It is definitely a different target group than the TJ/YJ/CJ crowd. And I concur in that I see a huge number of both hard and soft tops that never seem to be taken off. Why would you buy a JK if you were never going to take the top off? There are definitely "better" SUV-type vehicles out there for the money if the removable top wasn't a selling point... :doh: Oh well, not my problem. :)

• I hear ya, A lot of 4 doors don't wave back at me but don't throw all of us in that category. If it's not above 90 with 800% humidity my doors and top are usually off. And generally if I wave at a modified JK they usually wave back. Your both right about the 4 doors opening up a new breed to the Jeep line. I espically like seeing the 4 door rubi with Mom up front and kids in back store hoping. There already wasting there money on buying a Jeep instead of another SUV but wasting that extra money on a rubi. I have the right mind to convince them to swap there electronic sway bar dissconnect with mine.

• lol yea sadly there alot of jeeps but verry few jeepers. i see alot of modified jk jeeps out there but they probibly bought it with a lift and shinny rims lol. there a few dealerships that will do builds in PA like that for them

as for the top on and off. for me it all depends on if i got a spot clean to hold it and if im drivieng a long distence. i prefer the jk hard top means i can hear my radio lol... ug i need get subs ><

altho the jk hard top is lighter then the tj hard top its stil a pain to take off alone.

• In Dover I honestly have yet to have a single one wave back after a couple dozen tries so I don't bother anymore.

Thanks for the heads up Brian. I am going to make a few trips around your neighborhood just so I can monkey your ass. :suspicious:
    Get ready for a new Avatar bud.

• Oddly enough, up here in SE PA. I see more JK topless than i see TJs.

I'm still not a huge fan, but not denying that a lot of people are using and beating them as jeeps.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• lol yea, got a few other things goin on and cant install the top hoise on base atleast thats what i was told when i asked about it last month, dude on craigslist sellin one for 75$ or was back then lol

radio with top off doesent go loud enough to suit my likeings , beeing partialy def doesnot help eather lol sept from a naging wife <.< >.>

will be throwin the soft top on next chance my nabor is handy tho , for a jk soft tops are uber easy, altho my last soft top was a cj and that was all snaps lol

• Guilty for beating a JK like a jeep. Just force me to buy new Diff covers. :suspicious: I think thats what you meant atleast. :shrug:

• When I see a JK I wave and the usually wave back. But alot of time they don't. Around were I live near Valley Forge I see the mom's with the 4 door JK's with the kids in the back and they are the ones who never wave back. TJ,YJ and CJ, owners wave back to you. If people buy the new JK they are the type who never owned a jeep before and those people who buy them don't really know about the "Jeep thing". Except you are like Matt and RockPirate and have own an older TJ or CJ and are in to the Jeep Thing.

If I wanted a Hummer I would of asked you sister!<br /> <br />2006 Golden Eagle with not much Golden Eagle left. 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara stocker. Formiely DKGoldenEagle

• Keep wavin', they'll get the message! By the way, I've guided a lot of stock Jeeps and when Matt's JK was bone stock on those little tires it out performed any stock CJ, TJ, or YJ I've ever encountered. If we wanna keep this going (which I don't) we probably should move this stuff off the jeepjamboreeusa.com. Keep on wheelin' :up:

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Just some good-natured chiding. I couldn't care less what people drive as long as they enjoy it. :up:

I really just wanted to bust on Billy since there isn't much "Jeep" left in his Jeep... :innocent:

• I've been driving the XJ around Newark and Wilmington the past few days. Passing a bunch of modified TJ/JKs even XJs... I wave, and nothing. :( I get a couple looks, but not many.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!