two questions

• 88 yj I just noticed my tach "dancing" is ther a sending unit for it is is thee another issue? also what should my oil smell like its kind of harsh not sweet like oil out of the bottle but its clean. thx PeF

• Define "dancing," is it on/off or fluctuating within a few hundred rpm's? The tach is electronic. You might have a bad connection.

Can't help you on the smell of oil. Personally, I don't notice much difference between used and new.

More importantly, how does it taste?

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• Its as if I have a bad sending unit. High RPMs 2500+. Its like temp gauge sending unit going bad and it bounces around.
    PeF

• Its as if I have a bad sending unit. High RPMs 2500+. Its like temp gauge sending unit going bad and it bounces around.
    PeF

Tachs do not have sending units.. They just read the pulses off the ignition and divide by the number of calendars. Get a manual and follow the wiring diagram. Or just follow the wires from the tach out.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!