Sealed Beam Headlight (XJ, YJ) H4 Upgrade?

• I guess this is kind of jeep related...I found out my truck has the same sealed beam headlights as the XJ and YJ (H6054). I was looking to upgrade the lighting since in it's current form it is TERRIBLE so I was hoping some of you have already done this and can recommend a path forward. Some folks on the truck forum suggested this route: http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=744, however they say I should also upgrade my headlight with an aftermarket relay set up. I found a few universal relay set ups but they are PRICEY! What have you all done?

• those are good housings, one of the best for the 6054 shape. I'm using them myself (currently with generic 50/55W bulbs from Pep Boys, but will put HIDs back in before the end of the year). :) I can't speak to the wiring in your truck, but XJ wiring is insufficient for even 55W bulbs, people see a noticeable boost by running a relay with thicker wiring for those bulbs, and of course a huge boost for brighter bulbs. From rallylights and other companies, you'll pay around $90. But only around $30 in actual parts cost if you want to do it yourself.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!