YJ dana 30 u joint

• I'm gonna have to change the passenger side U joint on my YJ. I'm pretty sure about how to do it, but do I have to dismantle the axle shift motor assembly to pull the outer shaft. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• could be wrong, but I believe as long as its not engaged, the colar is on the interm shaft, thus no need to remove the vac motor... not 100% but 70%.... lasat time i did it, i pulled the motor to check it anyhow,

• Thanks, I saw a detailed picture on the net and it looked like the collar is on the inner shaft. I'm still open to suggestion if anybody has anything else to add.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

• I've had to change the passenger side u-joint several times. Can't figure out why the passenger side seems to go before the driver side, but that's another discussion.

When I pull the shaft, I put the jeep in 4wd so the collar is aligning the driveshafts (this may not be necessary.) After you pull off the front hub the shaft will easily pull right out. Try and support it so as not to screw up the axle seals.

Mike

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• Thanks, I'll start out with the shift motor in place and go from there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!