Can't get shift knob off...HELP! please

• Hey guys and girls. I've been trying to get my shift knob off (NV3550). I popped the cap off and removed the lock nut that is on the inside. I noticed it was a little rusty so I sprayed it with PB blaster overnight. It will not budge at all to screw off. I cut off most of the rubber that is covering it so that I could get vice grips on it, but they didn't work either.

Any other ideas? :bang:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Use a dremel to cut a slot through it and split it with a screwdriver.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I gave up on it. I'm going to have to take it to a shop when I get time. :wavey:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!