XJ Stock Wheel Well Flaires Info needed?

• I'd try drilling holes in the flares and drilling matching holes into the fender and using the trim push-pin things. Either the christmas tree type, some of the heavy duty two-piece ones. Some people have moved and re-used the stock brackets, but I think they're a pain to use. Personally, I go flareless until it's time to goto the DMV, then I use paper clamps to hold them on. :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• IMO, this is the very best method of modding your stock flares for larger tires:
    front: http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/trim.html
    rear: http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/reartrim.html

i ran my XJ with this mod for a while back when it was a little smaller. it was relatively easy to do, and it looked pretty damn good.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• i ran my XJ with this mod for a while back when it was a little smaller. it was relatively easy to do, and it looked pretty damn good.

come to think of it, i may have my flares laying around in my garage, already cut to size for this mod. if i still have them and you want them, lmk.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Thank you guys for the Info. John, I will let you know about taking those flares.What shape are they in? will I need to paint them? It would probably save me a lot of time if I take yours.

• Thank you guys for the Info. John, I will let you know about taking those flares.What shape are they in? will I need to paint them? It would probably save me a lot of time if I take yours.

they were originally silver; i rattle-canned them semi-flat black. they've seen plenty of time on the trails, so you might want to give them a fresh coat.

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!