domain name and website hosting

• I'm looking for domain name registration and website hosting for a small business. To you guys who run a small business and/or know about such things, who do you recommend? I only need something as basic as it gets: to register a few domain names, to get a few POP email addresses, and a simple build-it-yourself website of just a few pages. I know that there are hundreds of companies that offer hosting. Right now, I'm looking at iPage, HostGator, GoDaddy, and FatCow.

:shrug:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon fios for my business internet connection, and Verizon is offering 6 months Intuit website hosting for free and $19.99/month thereafter. That seems expensive compared to the pricing that I am seeing from the providers named above. I'm finding it extremely difficult to make side-by-side comparisons of the features that are included in the various packages that are being offered from any of these providers, so I have no clue how to begin deciding which may be the best value.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I have several sites on 1and1.com They are one of the best and there servers are in Horsham , PA so its even faster for locals. if you think you might go this route , please use me as a referral, I can get a free month !

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• I'd second http://www.1and1.com . they have some basic site builder tools and offer a more powerful page editor, too. Their primary US datacenter is actually in Kansas, plus the one in PA they have space in a couple others in the US. So there's no guarantee where a specific site will be hosted at.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!