YJ has belt problems

• Last item before I can fire her up and I think there's a problem. Shop repair manual says there are 2 belts. One goes around the crank, fan hub and alternator. No problem with this one. Second belt goes around the crank, fan hub and power steering pump pulley. I think there is a problem here.The only way a belt will go around all three pulleys and line up is if I use the groove in the crank pulley closest to the block. This is the groove in line with the timing mark index. Can I put a belt in this groove? I'm asking because it doesn't look like a standard groove. I thought about just going from the fan hub to the power steering pump, but the 2 groove pulley on the fan hub doesn't have enough clearance between it and the crank pulley to install a belt. That means I would have to remove the fan just to change the belt. The new engine had a single pulley on it, but I replaced it with the double pulley off the old engine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!