tire opinions

• im looking to get new rims and tires for the TJ. going to keep the xterrains for trail use while they still have good tread.

want something for all around use, rain, snow, mild trails, mainly highway. opinions and best place to get. assuming cosco or NTB or somewhere.

thanks for any input
    dave

• I love my BFG Mud Terrains but I don't know if I would put them back on as a non trail tire. I used to run BFG All Terrains and loved them for on and off road. The never once let me down. With that being said I used to and for that fact still do buy all my tires at Tirerack.com. Check them out first. :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I have the MTR/s and like them.
    If I were buying for a daily driver I would get the BFG all terrain. They are the best rated and have a tread life warranty, Go to http://www.tirerack.com Get the price and take it to SEARS. They will match the price plus 10%. They will also rotate your tire for free if you buy them there.

• I had the BFG mud terrians and all terrians on a 95 f150 and got awesome mileage out of both of them. I am now running goodyear mt/r's on my 94 wrangler and also had a set on my 80 cj7 and liked them very much also.

• Quote from "cjwhat?"

Truxus MT for road and trail.

I second this they are a great tire keep them rotated adn properly inflated and they will do great everywhere you take them

• dave

you have seen the trxus mt's on my xj.. I would have to say that they are a great tire. excellent in rain and snow, quieter than an mt/r or mud terrain on the road (have them on the grand and abbys tj) , and great on the trail. I will be putting these on all the vehicles as the need arrises.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• I also need to back up the trXus thus far. I've only had mine on for a couple months but they are a great tire. Quiet and I'm still not showing much breaking in wear. A couple lugs still have the little nubbies on em. :spinrhead:

:flag:

• I have BFG All Terrains on my chevy truck and love them, 50k with plenty of tread left. As long as you spin them fast enough they will unload and keep going through just about everything. I have mud terrains on my CJ and love them too. Ride decently on the street with great performance off road. They have taken me places that the Jeep behind with Xterrains buried itself. Diamond State tire in Bear or El's in Glasgow have pretty reasonalbe prices.

• Well, here's a different choice. I have 31" Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVOs on the KJ. I didn't really want them going in (family in the business), but they've been great tires on road and off. I'm not really happy with the look (I prefer bfg A/T and M/T's for the looks), but they sure have performed. Great in the snow, ice, sand, rain, loose stuff, Paragon, R/C... they've been great. I just wish they looked a little more aggressive. Great reviews online, too.

DrJ

• if its just for the road i wouldnt get a road tire. something like what comes stock on the jeeps.
    i have always been impressed with the coopers all around perforance.
    you could probibly find something used even and save a couple $.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!