Modification Advise

• :folded: Don't worry I will. They won't get rid of me that easily by saying "it should be in the mail tomorrow stuff." They will get a call from me everyday until I get a tracking # or it shows up at my door step.

• To spread some of the labor time, so that I don't spend all weekend under the jeep. Do you think that because I only have a 2" spacer lift, I could put the skid plate (equivalent to approximately 4" lift) on and get rid of any vibrations I may have with the adjustable rear control arms? That way I could either wait and install a SYE when adding the lift or add the SYE another weekend.

• i'd sure like to say yeah....but i have a feeling it would vibe pretty well at that height. :( personally, i'd just throw on the new flat skid when doing the sye. you have to pull an OEM one off anyways for the sye...so you could just as well mount the new one at the same time. andrew's went on without a hitch - no adjustments needed to the TC linkage nor the exhaust. so it didn't really add any more time to the amount of work we did.
    chris

• Quote from "BlueJ"

Call in a couple of days and keep asking for a tracking number until they give you one or your piece arrives. :suspicious:

I have been calling everyday and everyday they tell me is will ship that day (offroadtoystore.com). Well that day has came and gone twice and now working on the third. As warned they are not too good as for shipping things to you in a timely manor.

• The new story on my skid plate from offroadtoystore.com is that my skid plate got lost on their loading dock. The paperwork shows that it is on the dock readyand waiting for UPS pickup but there is nothing on the dock to pick up. They just made my mind up about never ordering from them again.

• Quote from "fly-n-hi"

The new story on my skid plate from offroadtoystore.com is that my skid plate got lost on their loading dock. The paperwork shows that it is on the dock readyand waiting for UPS pickup but there is nothing on the dock to pick up. They just made my mind up about never ordering from them again.

Hmmm... that's a new one. Not surprising, but I hadn't heard that one before. Sorry you're getting the same excellent customer service that I did. :doh:

• Its a darn shame too, I have only heard how good the skid plate is. The bad thing is that is the only place to buy it from.

• Quote from "BlueJ"

Call in a couple of days and keep asking for a tracking number until they give you one or your piece arrives. :suspicious:

thats funny, thats what i do with my contractors at work. call them till they get sick of hearing from me.

• Its a good thing I'm in no hurry for this part. I have a few more things to buy thats needed for this and I'm headed back out of town for almost 3 weeks this Wednesday.

• I now have a tracking number and it should be here next week. I guess a call everyday will eventually get them off their butts and ship their products.

• Just ordered the Tera adjustable rear upper control arms and shock relocation brackets from Bob Supplee. Much friendlier and easier person to deal with.

Next is the sye and driveshaft.

Then a wrenching party.

And then....

• Quote from "fly-n-hi"

...Tera shock relocation brackets....

Chris got a set of these from Bob, and wasn't able to get them into his lower shock brackets. When we worked on my jeep, we weren't able to get them onto my brackets either. They probably need to be ground down a bit on the sides to fit. If we need to install them on yours, you should make sure we have a grinder and a vice to hold them when we do the install.

• Quote from "BlueJ"

Chris got a set of these from Bob, and wasn't able to get them into his lower shock brackets. When we worked on my jeep, we weren't able to get them onto my brackets either. They probably need to be ground down a bit on the sides to fit. If we need to install them on yours, you should make sure we have a grinder and a vice to hold them when we do the install.

i'll keep that in mind when it comes to installing them. Thanks Andrew

• I have a set that came off of troubles jeep and attempted to put them on and had some minor problems too. I just took a giant pair or channel locks and bent the shock mounts outward untill shock extenders fit. Then i decieded not to install them. But they will fit with a little finess.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Mine were also a struggle. I had to bend the stock ones and drill out the holes. I would have just been better off with the weld on ones but I was in a hurry to get them on when I ordered them as my shocks were taking a beating

• Well I got a break from work and I was able to fly home this weekend and guess what?

My tera rear adjustable upper flex arms are here.
    My tera rear shock relocation brackets are here.
    My boomproof motor mounts are here.
    And my 33 engineering skidplate is here.

I will be ordering the SYE tomorrow, but the best news is I will be receiving a Bonus in next weeks check so theres the money for the RE superflex lift. That wrenching party is getting closer and closer. I'd like to have it all on before I go to Camp Jeep.

• Ordered the super short SYE, but the yokes are on back order until this Friday. So I should be getting it just about the time I get home. I will also be ordering the RE 3.5" superflex lift this Friday. All I think I need still is the driveshaft.

I need some help with the driveshaft. I have no clue what I need to order.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!