2" Lift Question

• Hello,

I am looking to purchase a 2'' lift for my 2000 XJ Sport, 4L, 6C. After extensive research I came across the BDS 2" suspension lift kit - http://bds-suspension.com/kit-customizer?kid=428H. However, when going through the process of ordering they began offering add-ons that got me confused. I was under the assumption, after reading 100's of threads, that with a 2" lift you do not need to make a lot of adjustments. But, the website is giving me options for steering stabalizers, control arms, sway bar kits, and a transfer case drop. Do I actually need any of the add-ons for a 2 inch lift or are they just trying to sell me something I dont need?

I appreciate everyones help and I apologize if this topic has already been posted. I am not the most mechanically inclined person and I find it difficult to sort the BS from facts.

• $430 bucks for the BDS kit. Buy the Rusty's one for half of that. I put the 3" add a leaf in mine and didn't need anything. I have a vibration but I had that before I put the kit in anyway. The Rusty's kit is $265. Add a leaf kits will sag in the rear anyway so don't over pay. You may consider longer rear shackles in the future once it sags some.

• I was originally looking at the 3" lift for the exact reason you pointed out, but was turned off by the potential for additional modifications at that height. Seems like some jeeps handle the lift well while others fall apart. Would you be able to tell me the most common add-ons I would need to do a 3" lift? I have read the following:

Transfer Case drop
    Extended Brake lines
    Sway Bar
    Slip Yoke

Thaks for the help, I am just trying to make the best decision for me.

• Not a transfer case drop if you are doing the slip yoke eliminator kit (and associated driveshaft upgrade). The cheap route is the transfer case drop...the pricier, albeit more sound, alternative is the SYE and driveshaft.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!