Hitch Mount Bike Rack...

• Just wondering what folks are using? I've been doing some research and just a bit concerned about which one to get. Some have strapping issues, wobbling, or just plain cheap. Even those in the few hundred dollar range have some bad reviews. I'm looking @ an Allen 4 or 5 bike mount set-up. The Allen 5 seems to have some decent reviews and just about 7 dollars more then the Allen 4. I will be carrying four high end bikes. Just want to get some personal reviews before I get one...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• I have a Thule 4-Bike rack for my hitch for about a year now that I use for atleast two relatively high end bikes and it is pretty sturdy. I'm happy with it.

• I have a Thule 4 bike receiver hitch rack. its about 10 years old and good as new. Thule has a lifetime warranty as well. I just got a free set of replacement cradles and straps. Well supported product. I also like that it uses a bolt rather than a hitch pin. This sets the rack so firm in the receiver that there is zero play in the rack.

http://www.thule.com/en-US/US/…/Hitch/956-Parkway-4-Bike

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I've got this one from Performance and it's done a good job hauling a variety of bikes from E's fuji beach cruiser (looooong wheelbase) up to my 29'er. Personally I prefer the flatbed style as they seem to be a bit more versatile/secure. They make a 4-bike version but I don't have experience with it directly...happy with mine and would likely go with it if I needed the capacity.

--Ian

• I just picked up a basket for the hitch that folds up and have a bike rack. Was under $100 at TSC.
    Haven't used the bike rack yet, but seems fairly sturdy.

Years ago I have a truck mount style rack that worked perfect on the spare tire and tailgate. Believe it was a Thule and it worked amazing! Very secure, held bikes and grills while bumping around off road.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!