Paragon Trail Report with Pics!!!

• Heres my own little trail report from Saturday with some pics.
    Here are a sample of my photos. I'm not sure how to link them to a set gallery or anything so let me know. I hope this doesn't bog down the dial up guys.
    Heres Josh (GotMudd02) getting stuck on Whompum

Here's Josh catching a strap from Tony. By the way keep your eyes on the rock right in front of him.

Heres Josh on that rock

Heres Alan (1TonTJ) setting up to winch Josh off the rock

Heres Chris (Jeep Sahara) on the middle section of Whompum. After many attemps, a broken exhaust pipe, bent shock and ripped off swaybar link. We decided that there was no way to get him let alone the rest of us up that rock so we turned around and headed down.

Heres a few of us waiting for everyone to get down off of whompum.

After that 2.5 hr waste of time we decided to stop for lunch on the coal road in staging area 2 and then split into 2 smaller groups and Chris and I took the stockers and a few others over to Trail 25 and then all 3 sections of Chicken Run.
    Heres one of me on Trail 25 playing around and testing the suspension

The rest of the afternoon was pretty uneventful but (I felt) more enjoyable then standing around winching a strapping.
    Oh well I'm not trying to take over Chris's job but thought I would post my own version of Saturday.
    Short and sweet :rollsmile: Sort of :shrug:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Thanks Brian for the trail report!!! I love the pics.

Our monthly club ride took place on Saturday, March 19 at Paragon Adventure Park. In attendence we had: BDLSTOY (Brian), GOTMUDD02 (Josh), orimaine (Chuck), NikkiYJ (Nikki), fzmax (Wayne), Skinsfan (Sandy) w/ Jwalk as passenger, rafartist (Rob), DaMutt (Tony), gap050 (George), 1TonTJ (Alan), BBD (Joe), Claymont-Hillbilly (Matt), and myself.

We started out the day as one big group due to a number of factors and decided to split up after the first trail. We looped around Rubicon Lake and headed towards Wompum where we encounter about 10 inches of snow with a nice thick layer of ice beneath it. This made the trail a ton more challenging. Upon an attempt to pass through, we decided to head back over to Coal Rd for lunch and to break into two groups. Especially since noone wanted to twist their exhaust like I did. From there I lead the stock/moderates over to Trail 25 which is a Green 3 level trail. Upon arriving back to Coal Rd we headed over to the lower legs of Chicken Run. Completing those without a challenge we decided to finish the day on the upper leg of Chicken Run with some more challenging rocks. We headed back to the staging area with the other group following and headed home.

All in all it was an excellent day of wheeling with great weather and no MAJOR breakages. However, my Jeep will be out of commission for a bit as my radiator decided it didn't like to be JB Welded any more and spewed out antifreeze on my way home from work today. That along with my bum exhaust pipe, broken swaybar link and failing rear u-joint.

Thanks to everyone that came out, to Tony and Brian for yanking my tailpipe out of my tire, and to Alan for leading the group in the PM.

-Chris

• You guys are friggin insane.....We had 5 locked TJs on the last ride and we had trouble with Wompum, not to mention it was dry.
    :shrug:
    Wish i could have went but some motor mount issues began to scare me last minute
    Ed (Driving around with barely 2 bolts holding his motor in)

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Well I can say I had a good time on the trail ride :rollsmile: . Got a little better with the 3 trials we hit after 25. :spinrhead: I just got to work on that one little problem I have, that is being the first one stuck in the group :doh: That would be 2 months running now :soapbox: I must say I was most pleased that I did not brake anything this time except for a close run in with a tree, my windshield, and my fender flare. Well thanks to all for an enjoyable day :peace:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• I too had a great time and the seconf half ogf the day we the modified grooup went to run drumstick... it was fairly uneventful with no breakage adn a little recovery......

• ok cool i get to throw in my own 2 cents for once.

well since most of the hi end group didnt make it we fell in with everyone else. chris and i talked about running everyone though a section of whompum then on to the coal road so the groups could break to run blacks and greens/blues. unfortunatly as everyone else has said the morning didnt go to well with the snow and ice on that side of the park.

After getting everyone out and back moving we stopped on the coal rd for lunch and did a lil posing, from there chris took the one group and i took the other group over to drumstick.

it took us a while to get everyone though the first section but all in all no breakage, some slight terrain modification but all made it though.

i know i walked away a few times and sat down, i just wanted to apologize for that i wasnt feeling too good and i was getting dizzy every once in a while so the best thing for me was to just sit for a couple minutes. hope that didnt piss anyone off. Tony and matt did a helluva job getting everyone though i cant forget to thank you guys!

here is a link to the like 10 pics i took all day pics

this is my favorite.... its like the monster garage completion photo.

• It was an ok day of wheeling. Sorry but for me it wasn't that great, but wheeling is wheeling. It was really nice to see so many different faces out there. And really nice talking and getting to know you!!

I have some more trail damage...not to sure how much yet, but I do know that my muffler is bent and laying on the rear axle. On the ride home I notice the jeep was riding different, it seemed alot rougher of a ride and BBD mentioned that it looked like something was wrong with my passenger side rear shock. Thanks BBD, that explains the rough ride. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check it all out soon.

Glad everyone had a good time.

• Quote from "1TonTJ"

it took us a while to get everyone though the first section but all in all no breakage, some slight terrain modification but all made it though.

So that's what you call it?

Hey, I got to thank Alan, Tony and Matt for your help getting out of there and letting me run with the more advanced group in the first place. And again to apologize for holding everyone else up. I'm sure I'm not the first one that had to be winched down off a rock but that doesn't make it any less embarrassing.

I've been participating in motorsports for over 25 years but wheeling is new to me. I don't know if I have just been lucky but the Jeep community is the first place I have seen in where the newbies are welcomed and assisted without being made to feel awkward or unwanted. Thanks!

• Sounds like you folks had an interesting time. Two weeks ago I couldn't even get a group up Valley Road, so conditions there must be improving! :laughing:

Sorry I missed it...

• Well after cleaning my jeep today since it was so darn nice I noticed that I did substian a few small dings scratches and dents. It seems the tree decided to take the paint off in a few spots and I don know weather it was the tree or a rock but one took a bite at my rocker, kinked it up a little :doh: but that really doesnt bother me cause it still RUNS. :spinrhead:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• yeah i pulled mine off the trailer and noticed i caught my passenger fender flare and fender too..... oh well they are coming off anyway. im glad yours is still running heheheeh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!