'98 Saturn SL2 $2000 OBO

• I need to sell my Saturn SL2 because it is getting really uncomfortable for me to drive it, and I want something bigger and higher off the ground (hopefully a Cherokee! ;) ). The car itself is great; it's only uncomfortable for me because I have fibromyalgia. My muscles get pissed when I try to get out of it from so close to the ground.

Anyway, it's a 1998 SL2 with abt 160,000 miles on it. 4 cylinder, DOHC, 4 door, automatic.

It has been maintained wonderfully by the previous owners as well as myself; I have receipts for all repairs/replacement parts that have been done on it. The previous owners documented all of their maintenance as well. It has new tires (they're a few months old), a new radiator, new air filter, new starter, new headlights, and some other things I can't remember the names of. My boyfriend (Andy/TheDarkSide) is a mechanic, so he can tell you more about all the things he has fixed. It's gotten regular oil/filter changes every 3,000 miles since I got it.

This is a RELIABLE car. I drive it for a little over 10 hours/400 miles a week because I commute to school, and it always gets me where I need to be. GREAT gas mileage (I average about 30mpg, Andy has gotten 36mpg). It's green, with a tan interior.

The flaws are mostly aesthetic- it could use a new headliner, and there are a few scratches here and there, and the tan colored seats look their age. The main issue is that the service engine light is on- but Andy has a code-reader thing that says it is something to do with the catalytic converter. He can explain that to you, because I don't know what that's about. I just haven't gotten around to getting a new one. It doesn't really affect the drivability of the car, as far as I'm aware.

I'm asking $2000 OBO, or trade for a Jeep/SUV/something bigger. According to KBB, it's "Good" condition and worth $2018 through private-party sale.

If I made any mistakes about the information about the car, Andy will post up here to correct me. And if you have any technical questions, he will probably answer them for me. :shrug:

PM me if you want my phone number to talk about it.

[size=78%] [/size]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!