98 TJ Need Help ASAP will not start

• Need help guys the engine will not crank over. I was wondering if anyone had a code reader that I could borrow or if someone could stop by I am in Dover.
    Here is the situation:
    You can hear the engine trying to turn over
    Battery reads 12.4 Volts
    Not getting a spark that I can see
    Fuel pressure seems non-existent
    Can smell fuel on the spark plugs
    Any Ideas??? Is there a sensor that could be causing this problem or do you guys think its a fuel pump issue?
    Thanks for your help.

P.S. Thanks for stopping by Joe.

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• Sounds electrical....If you are getting no spark and no pressure from the fuel pump. I'm pretty sure if you turn the key on and off three times in a row, without engaging the starter, it will blink some codes on the check engine light. Then look up the codes.

http://www.webejeepin.com/Check-Engine.htm

Hope this helps

• Thanks guys. It was the coil the end was all corroded got it replaced and now its running alittle ruff but atleast its running.

2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• The Turning of the key 3 times only works on the 97 models. For 98 and up hold down the trip/odometer button and then turn the key to run position, then let off the button. The trouble codes will be ran and the guages will cycle through.

• glad you got it fixed I must not have read what you wrote at all the first time casue I was way off I thought you said you were getting spark and fuel.... oh well

• hey i have a OBDII scan tool. if you need to see if there any codes in it.i work and live in milford. just let me know. you can call me at work 424-3041 ext.135 or my cell at 393-9033. fred

• Thanks for offer the ODBII Joe said I should just check and make sure that there are no codes showing up I will give you a call maybe we can meet up this weekend.

Thanks again for timely input guys.

2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!