Firearms/Long guns- Discussion Thread

• Nice, I've thought about picking up a Mosin but at the moment am more interested in an M1 Garand like my grandfather would've carried. Will 'match' the Mauser that he brought back from Germany...numbers matching 1943 SS contract rifle. Anyone looked into sourcing rifles through the Civilian Marksmanship Program? I've pulled all the info together I need, just waiting to pull the trigger (pun intended). :doh:

--Ian

• Nice, I've thought about picking up a Mosin but at the moment am more interested in an M1 Garand like my grandfather would've carried. Will 'match' the Mauser that he brought back from Germany...numbers matching 1943 SS contract rifle. Anyone looked into sourcing rifles through the Civilian Marksmanship Program? I've pulled all the info together I need, just waiting to pull the trigger (pun intended). :doh:

--Ian

Ian, are you a member of a CMP affiliated club? I do believe that you need to be able to purchase through the CMP. Bridgeville is a CMP club. I've looked at some of their firearms, and the idea of a .30cal Carbine has been kicked around!
    Glenn

• Yup, joined bridgeville a little while back...before I did that I was just going to join the garand collectors assn which also qualifies and is only $25/yr.

Ian, are you a member of a CMP affiliated club? I do believe that you need to be able to purchase through the CMP. Bridgeville is a CMP club. I've looked at some of their firearms, and the idea of a .30cal Carbine has been kicked around!
    Glenn

• Finally got a chance to fire my new rifle and send a few downrange yesterday!! Only cracked off 20 rounds out of the case of Russian surplus I got in the week before last. I'm very impressed with this rifle! I put my first 3 rounds on paper at 150 paces using iron sights. I'll definitely be adding a few dabs of paint to the sights so I have something to contrast against my target. Not sure if I want to add optics yet or not but it's a good possibility.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!