1999 Chevy Cavalier - CHEAP GAS SAVER - Daily Driver!

• UPDATE: The car is still available and for sale. Unfortunately, I've had a few tire kickers and people without cash in hand which I wasn't expecting, therefore I am dropping the price because I need to get the car sold soon before I move. Please be serious and be ready to buy! I'm lowering the price to $750 cash, first person to come see the car can drive her home!
    Send me an email or shoot me a text message @ 302-Three9One-Zero3NineSix, my name is Josh.

It's not the best looking car in the world, but this is a point A to point B GAS SAVER! It gets approx 25-30 mpg on a single tank of gas, runs great, and was recently tuned-up for the winter season!

1999 Chevy Cavalier - 4 Door, 4 Cylinder, 2.2 Liter Engine.
    Exterior is Greenish/Blue.
    High Miles - Approx. 238K, but runs flawlessly and was well maintained. Starts right up on the 1st turn, each time.
    Manual 5 Speed Transmission.
    -Costs about $32 to fill up and gets approx 300-315 miles per tank. I spend less then $80 a month in gas.
    -Manual locks and windows. Heat works perfectly, unfortunately there's no A/C.
    -It's Registered and Inspected. Tag's are good until March 31, 2014. So you still have almost a year and 4 months before you need to go back to the DMV for a new registration.

I bought this car a year ago as a temporary solution to help me get back on my feet after having some financial hardships and being laid-off from work. It was an excellent car that helped me get back to working and earning a paycheck without worrying about transportation. I didn't have money at the time to go out and buy a $5,000 car or take out a loan for a new vehicle, I had about a thousand saved up and that was all I could afford to put out for a car at the time. I'm hoping this car will go to someone else in a similar situation who needs a decent car for a fairly cheap asking price, that will help them get back on their feet with a brighter new year ahead. I'm only the 2nd owner. I've put some money in to the car to get everything running and operating reliably, that way I don't have to worry about random break-downs on the side of the road. The original owner bought the car new in 1999, he was a mechanic and maintained the car religiously with regular oil changes, seasonal tune-ups, and components replaced when needed.

It's got a few problems currently, but nothing that effects everyday driving. Nothing that prevents having this vehicle as your daily driver to and from work with a reasonable commute. I've put about $750 in to the car in the last 3 months. maybe more. I have all the receipts, here's what been done, off the top of my head:

-New Exterior Lights on 7/5/12 - All Around (Head-lights, Brake-lights, Turn Signals, Parking Lamps, etc) - $50
    -New Battery and Cables on 8/3/12 - $85
    -New Alternator, Belt, and Charging System Check-Up on 10/9/12 - $330
    -New Platinum 100K Mile Spark Plugs and Compression Test on 11/28/12 - $150
    -Radiator Flushed and Coolant/Anti-Freeze Filled on 11/26/12 - $80

So as you can see, I've done quite a lot in the last few months to ensure that the vehicle runs strong and has no problems with reliability. It's an old car, but certainly could have a few more years or more of life remaining as long as you continue to keep up on oil changes and other necessary maintenance when needed. I'm only asking for $850 (NOW $750) which is no where near what I have in to the vehicle, but again, I'm hoping to help someone out who needs to catch a break and get back to work or needs transportation to get their children to and from school, etc. Feel free to send me an email with any questions you might have, I'm pretty flexible with making time for you to see the vehicle in person. I wont ship the vehicle or any other crazy schemes that I've seen in the past on Craigslist. I'm looking for a very normal transaction, you will bring cash in hand which will get you the car and the clean title, nothing out of the ordinary. Thank you for taking the time to read this ad. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

The buyer I was holding the car for today ended up backing out due to financial troubles. I can't hold the car any longer, the first person to show up with the $750 cash can grab the car today or this weekend!
    If you shoot me an email I will get back to you within the hour and we can arrange a time for you to come see the car. Please be serious, I've dealt with to many tire kickers already.

UPDATE: If the ad is still up, then the car is still for sale! I will delete the ad when the car is sold. I have received dozens of emails asking whether I still have the vehicle. I cannot hold the car or make any payment arrangements, sorry I wont be living in Delaware anymore. In order to be fair, the first person that comes to see the car with the asking price in hand will be the lucky new owner! Good luck.

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Can a Moderator please delete this posting. The car has been sold. I'm not quite sure how to delete the original posting. Thank you much!

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!