Posts by XJ99

UPDATE: The car is still available and for sale. Unfortunately, I've had a few tire kickers and people without cash in hand which I wasn't expecting, therefore I am dropping the price because I need to get the car sold soon before I move. Please be serious and be ready to buy! I'm lowering the price to $750 cash, first person to come see the car can drive her home!
    Send me an email or shoot me a text message @ 302-Three9One-Zero3NineSix, my name is Josh.

It's not the best looking car in the world, but this is a point A to point B GAS SAVER! It gets approx 25-30 mpg on a single tank of gas, runs great, and was recently tuned-up for the winter season!

1999 Chevy Cavalier - 4 Door, 4 Cylinder, 2.2 Liter Engine.
    Exterior is Greenish/Blue.
    High Miles - Approx. 238K, but runs flawlessly and was well maintained. Starts right up on the 1st turn, each time.
    Manual 5 Speed Transmission.
    -Costs about $32 to fill up and gets approx 300-315 miles per tank. I spend less then $80 a month in gas.
    -Manual locks and windows. Heat works perfectly, unfortunately there's no A/C.
    -It's Registered and Inspected. Tag's are good until March 31, 2014. So you still have almost a year and 4 months before you need to go back to the DMV for a new registration.

I bought this car a year ago as a temporary solution to help me get back on my feet after having some financial hardships and being laid-off from work. It was an excellent car that helped me get back to working and earning a paycheck without worrying about transportation. I didn't have money at the time to go out and buy a $5,000 car or take out a loan for a new vehicle, I had about a thousand saved up and that was all I could afford to put out for a car at the time. I'm hoping this car will go to someone else in a similar situation who needs a decent car for a fairly cheap asking price, that will help them get back on their feet with a brighter new year ahead. I'm only the 2nd owner. I've put some money in to the car to get everything running and operating reliably, that way I don't have to worry about random break-downs on the side of the road. The original owner bought the car new in 1999, he was a mechanic and maintained the car religiously with regular oil changes, seasonal tune-ups, and components replaced when needed.

It's got a few problems currently, but nothing that effects everyday driving. Nothing that prevents having this vehicle as your daily driver to and from work with a reasonable commute. I've put about $750 in to the car in the last 3 months. maybe more. I have all the receipts, here's what been done, off the top of my head:

-New Exterior Lights on 7/5/12 - All Around (Head-lights, Brake-lights, Turn Signals, Parking Lamps, etc) - $50
    -New Battery and Cables on 8/3/12 - $85
    -New Alternator, Belt, and Charging System Check-Up on 10/9/12 - $330
    -New Platinum 100K Mile Spark Plugs and Compression Test on 11/28/12 - $150
    -Radiator Flushed and Coolant/Anti-Freeze Filled on 11/26/12 - $80

So as you can see, I've done quite a lot in the last few months to ensure that the vehicle runs strong and has no problems with reliability. It's an old car, but certainly could have a few more years or more of life remaining as long as you continue to keep up on oil changes and other necessary maintenance when needed. I'm only asking for $850 (NOW $750) which is no where near what I have in to the vehicle, but again, I'm hoping to help someone out who needs to catch a break and get back to work or needs transportation to get their children to and from school, etc. Feel free to send me an email with any questions you might have, I'm pretty flexible with making time for you to see the vehicle in person. I wont ship the vehicle or any other crazy schemes that I've seen in the past on Craigslist. I'm looking for a very normal transaction, you will bring cash in hand which will get you the car and the clean title, nothing out of the ordinary. Thank you for taking the time to read this ad. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

The buyer I was holding the car for today ended up backing out due to financial troubles. I can't hold the car any longer, the first person to show up with the $750 cash can grab the car today or this weekend!
    If you shoot me an email I will get back to you within the hour and we can arrange a time for you to come see the car. Please be serious, I've dealt with to many tire kickers already.

UPDATE: If the ad is still up, then the car is still for sale! I will delete the ad when the car is sold. I have received dozens of emails asking whether I still have the vehicle. I cannot hold the car or make any payment arrangements, sorry I wont be living in Delaware anymore. In order to be fair, the first person that comes to see the car with the asking price in hand will be the lucky new owner! Good luck.

Cheap/Gas Saver Car:

http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/3487838467.html

Bedroom Furniture Set:

http://delaware.craigslist.org/fuo/3472647697.html

50" Vizio Plasma HDTV:

http://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/3487898970.html

Kenmore Mini-Fridge:

http://delaware.craigslist.org/app/3472566992.html

Send me an email through Craigslist to get in touch with me. I don't check PM's on this board very often anymore, email is best. Thanks!

I know this will be a long shot to find exactly what I want in the price range I want but here we go.....

1. Jeep Cherokee (XJ) ------------- Would maybe consider a Grand Cherokee (ZJ - Between 1993-1998), or finally a Comanche (1986-1992)
    2. Years: 1984 to 1999 for XJ, 1993-1998 for the ZJ, 1986-1992 for the MJ
    3. Must be 4WD with the NP242 Transfer Case "Selec-Trac"
    4. Must be around 1K, Runs and Drives, No problems! Doesn't have to be beautiful or pristine but the engine and transmission must be mechanically sound, I can fix minor problems but need something that is ready to be driven as a daily driver, back and forth to work everyday!

WISHES for the Perfect Deal:
    1. Prefer the AW-4 Auto Transmission or can be the AX15 Manual 5 Speed Transmission!
    2. Dana 30 High Pinion Front Axle
    3. Rear Axle Preference (In-Order): Dana 44-30Spline, 8.25-29or27Spline, PLEASE GOD NO Turdy5!
    4. Gear Ratios: Anything between 3.54 to 4.56's (Hey, I can dream!)
    5. Finally - I'd prefer a 2 Door Model but would be happy with a 4 Door Model as well.
    6. Trim Model: Doesnt really matter at all! Sport, Limited, Classic, Country - Whatever!

So I sat here and built my dream daily driver! I want something I can drive for 6-8 months to and from work until I save some money and then I will buy a new car and turn this in to a nice wheeling weekender rig. So what do you have to offer Jeepers? :driving:

Cleveland VAS+ Iron Set - Pitching Wedge, Sand Wedge, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. I am offering this entire Iron Set for $65, this is a steal! Would make a great set of clubs for the beginner, high school student playing this spring, athlete looking to pick up a new sport and try golf, or the golf pro who knows that Cleveland makes a GREAT set of clubs! I am firm on that considering this set pieced together cost me approximately $350 all together, I am in need of cash and need someone to come grab this deal today! I also have a White Odyssey Putter and Nike Golf Bag. If you want everything I will give you the Cleveland Irons, Odyssey Putter, and Nike Golf Bag for $95. You cant find a set of clubs for that cheap anywhere!

Cleveland VAS+ Irons $65
    Odyssey White Putter $25
    Nike Golf Bag $20

If SOLD separately. I am in Pike Creek off of Polly Drummond Hill RD. Come grab them!

I have a Vizio 50" Plasma HDTV (With built in surround sound system). This TV is flawless and offers an amazing 1080HD experience. Watching football or the upcoming superbowl on this Vizio doesnt get any better. Vizio HDTV is only a year old and I paid $1800 originally for the TV. So here's the deal, I am willing to trade this 50" Plasma straight up for a running vehicle (car or truck). I am looking to do this ASAP. Email me and I will get back to you right away. At this point I am not looking to sell the TV, I am looking to TRADE only.

You can see details of the Vizio @ http://www.vizio.com/jv50phdtv10a.html. Thank you for your time.

Got a few different things for sale and wanted to offer them all up.

1. Vintage Miller Lite "Great Taste, Less Filling, Cold Beer" Mirror - $40 http://delaware.craigslist.org/atq/2772803431.html
    2. Fitness Gear Cast Iron 40LB Dumbbell Set - $30 http://delaware.craigslist.org/spo/2772799813.html
    3. No Strings Attached - BluRay DVD - Never Opened - $16 http://delaware.craigslist.org/emd/2772785611.html
    4. Cleveland VAS+ Iron Set, Odyssey Putter, and Mac-Gregor Driver - http://delaware.craigslist.org/spo/2772776177.html
    5. Trek 3700 Mountain Bike - $295 http://delaware.craigslist.org/bik/2772722988.html
    6. PlayStation 3 - 60GB W/ 2 Wireless Controlers and New COD Modern Warfare Game - $250 http://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/2771848929.html

May be willing to trade for a Gas or Electric Scooter or Dirt Bike for some or part of the stuff for sale, would be even better for a dirt bike that can be tagged on the street. Need something that can carry a 200lb adult. Work is a little over a mile away and decided I want to take a Scooter or Mini-Bike/Dirtbike the 3 mile round-trip to work to save on gas and such. Let me know.

Feel free to text me with any questions or to pick up tonight. Thanks, 302-463-1271, Josh.

Hello,

I've had some hard times financially and was layed off over a year ago. I am currently trying to find a car that I can use daily so that I can get to and from work. This week I was offered a employment opportunity but have no way of getting to the new place of work. I was hoping I could find a running, reliable car or truck that I could use as a daily driver to get to work. It doesn't have to be pretty, as long as everything is sound and there are no mechanical problems with the motor or transmission. I could probably handle some minor repairs. Currently have a low budget of about $800 until I get back to working and collect a few paychecks. I would be able to afford something a bit more expensive (maybe up to like $1500), If there was anyone who might be willing to take a few payments over the course of a month or two. If you have anything at all that might fit this criteria please don't hesitate to email me with any propositions. Thank you. :beer:

Just heard about this and had to see If the rumors were true, my girlfriend works for a bank and was talking to a guy who lived in hazelton and worked in the Industrial park....he said Its to become a cargo plane airport, so sad!

2005 was the year they changed to WK (independent front suspension).

the words use to scare me but wont be to big of a deal this time around, this would be a mall crawler only...

sounds like a no brainer on the V8 but Its gonna be hard finding the right one with me being picky....Let me know If you see anything, looking for something with around 50k, 01 and up, V8, tagged around 16k or under....

Looking in to a possible WJ or WK, something like 2000 and up. Everywhere I look theres about 10, 4.0's per lot, with maybe and I mean maybe only 1, 4.7 V8 per lot. I'v read that the 4.0 is rated to pull 5000, while the 4.7 is 6500. Anyone with real world experience wanna chim in on how noticeable the difference is? I found a few 4.7's but Im picky!

my opinion: put your money in the bank and save, have fun on your 33's and dana 35 without spending a dime on It, then when It breaks fix It, dana 35s are like $100-300 bucks all day from u-pulls. Reason I say this is when you go to sell your Jeep in the next few years cause lifes changing the $2000 you dumped in your axle raises the value of your Jeep maybe $200 bucks If your lucky.

If you really want some hardcore axles, do It right once, save for the next year and buy a matching set of a 44 and 60 someones selling to upgrade...will run ya bout $2000-3000 grand and your done, no cost of labor.

Ummm no it doesn't, unless he has the warn hub kit on the front end, the ring and pinion still spins when the tires go round and round.... If the ring gear is bad enough, it could possibly break more teeth even if the driveshaft is disconnected and cause even more damage to the internals of the carrier...

I'm not contesting that, I agree but I thought we had already agreed he was going to pull the ring gear and leave the pinion in anways. I was speaking in regards to the 231-242 Issue with the power going from axle to trans case, pulling the shaft would solve that