affordable code scanner

• after having the airbag light come on in my now out of warranty Mini Cooper, and being told it would cost a mere $175.00 just to diagnose the problem :roflmao: I decided to search for a code scanner that could read more than just the OBD codes in vehicles. Most of the models that I found were north of $1500.00 and I needed extra software and keys to read Euro codes. I found Mini specific software for a laptop but given I do not own a laptop and have no desire to buy one, that was out of the question. A few searches lead me to this http://www.autel.us/Products/md802.htm I found it on Ebay for $347.00... received it today and am amazed at all the features it has. This wont' mean much to the Tj and prior model owners but with JK's and WK's this thing will be useful if you get codes, it even will read the CAN codes. They make cheaper models that read only american, euro, and japanese codes but the 802 does all 3.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!