2008 15" MacBook Pro - $300

• Anybody interested in a 2008 15" MacBook Pro, 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB RAM and 250GB Hard Drive.
    This is the model right before they went to "unibody." It's in excellent shape, no real wear at all. Backlit keyboard.

Running latest OS, 10.8.3, clean install.

$300

Let me know if anybody is interested.

Thanks,

Joe

• I don't know ANYTHING about Macbooks but are they like PC's in that after 4-5 yrs they aren't worth anything? My daughter keeps bugging me for a Macbook but she already has a Dell Inspirion that's about 4 yrs old. I just don't want to get her something that she wouldn't be happy with. But the thoughts of a new $2500 computer doesn't thrill me either.

Just wondering

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I don't know ANYTHING about Macbooks but are they like PC's in that after 4-5 yrs they aren't worth anything? My daughter keeps bugging me for a Macbook but she already has a Dell Inspirion that's about 4 yrs old. I just don't want to get her something that she wouldn't be happy with. But the thoughts of a new $2500 computer doesn't thrill me either.

Just wondering

The hold their value very well. It still works great, ask around $300 is a good deal. I'll let you "test drive" it for a week to play with it.
    And free tech support if you have any issues.

Joe

• i dont do anything that involves heavy processing, (gaming, cad, ect) but i have a 2009 macbook that i would not give up for any PC out there. Ive never had an issue, other than the price of a replacement battery (75-100 bucks) im a fan, and for general usage i would think a 2008 would be great for the price. 300 bucks in an awesome price

• The hold their value very well. It still works great, ask around $300 is a good deal. I'll let you "test drive" it for a week to play with it.
    And free tech support if you have any issues.

Joe

I am in no way saying it's not worth it Joe, just that I'm an idiot when it comes to Macbooks. Does yours have software that would allow her to write papers and do powerpoints? She also complains about hers being slow on the internet (probably due to the crap she downloads Lol). She doesn't "game" or anything but does facebook and google lots for reports and such. Just trying to figure out if it's what she wants.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Joe, if Brian passes on it I'll take it. My netbook died and is not worth fixing.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• I'm trying to meet up with him tomorrow to get it.
    I'll let you know Neil. I'm going to try it out and if my daughter doesn't like it, I'll let you know
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!