does anyone know about this place?

• next to the christiana mall there is a dirt road enterance to something. is it for hunting? is it for offroading? anyone been there before? is it legal?

• My guess is that it is not legal. It was an access road where they were dumping dirt when they where building all the new stuff up there. Doesnt lead any where either so. Just though you would like to know. :peace:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• thanks. just wondering because i saw a couple trucks go back there today. not work trucks or anything. just reg trucks with lifts and tires.

• It is not very big at all. The one dirt road branches off to 2 dirts roads and they just go down to the marsh fields. Which by the way you really dont want to wander off in

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.

• that sucks. i need somewhere to wheel. i dont want to drive to the frickn pine barrens. and now fort mott is out the question since i was told on here that it is illegal.

• Yah I know it sucks that there is no where local to get some muddin in. Not to burst your bubble or anything but about 7 months ago me and a few people went out in search of the pine barrans with no luck. We where told that the one part where they let 4 wheelers that they havent let 4x4 run openly in years now, only for specail events. Also all other parts of the barrans are off limits because of plants and trees that grow there. This is what I have been told when I was researchin it.

• You need to go with the club on trail rides to Paragon (there was one today) or Rausch Creek when they are scheduled.

There is no legal wheeling in DE. It's a fact you're going to have to get used too. It's painful, but a few trips to Paragon or RC will help.

• ...and a legal trip or two to those places will make "local" wheeling hardly worth the effort, or risk.

You also don't have to wait for a club events, there are open rides there often enough. Get a couple of friends, make an event out of it, you'll forget all about wheeling in Delaware.

• I drive 3.5 to 4 hours, and those downstate drive an hour more than me. It is well worth the drive, you'll see. BTW, I think that's part of the rationale behind the meetings being in Dover, to help those of us who drive so much to wheel, not sure though.

DrJ

• as far as i know wharton state forrest is still okay to wheel in. they have dirt roads you can cruise around on.. some mud, rivers to run accross. I went once and had a good time. as long as your vehicle is legal you can ride the trails there.

i think allot of guys go out to batso also..

carl

• To make the long drive more efficient, you can plan two-day trips. We will be doing a two-day event at Rausch Creek on May 21/22 with MOT Young Marines (check the thread). If you have camping equipment, then your overnight is free with park admission. Or you can camp at the Comfort Inn for a special low rate. We should have others over the summer and fall as well.

Paragon has open rides on the first weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of each month, and camping is available nearby.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!