Stocker Trail ride?

• Patti, Robin and I met about seven other vehicles (including DeJA member, Da Mutt) yesterday at GWNF near Harrisonburg, VA. I've tried to upload photos to my gallery but apparently it still has problems. I'd have to say we had a blast, maybe the most FUN ride yet.

I'd like to throw out the possibility of a stocker's trail ride in early September with the possibility of making it a camping event. Patti has a relatively stock TJ with 30" tires and no lift and had no problems whatsoever, ask her! There are long trails through the woods with multiple stream crossings and a deep river crossing that was very interesting. Waterfalls, rapids, mud, logs, you name it. Great primitive campsites (no services), and easy in-out trail access. Those of you worried about not being lifted or having tires that are too small will find out just what a stock Jeep can do. This is a great, fun ride and definitely NOT too easy, and definitely NOT too hard, just not as rocky as Paragon and Rausch Creek. There are multiple trails, and all are stocker friendly. If no one is interested in camping, we can get a block of rooms in Harrisonburg, about 15-20 minutes away. This would be a trail ride for those of you concerned about damaging your stock Jeeps, or new to trails/Jeeps.

Maybe some of the modified guys would offer to make this a Jeep 101 ride?

DrJ (has photos as soon as gallery issues are resolved)

• sounds like fun to me i would go with my stock jeep

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Saw the pics, looks like a nice adventure......beautiful landscape......
    LIONS AN TIGERS AND BEARS....O MY

• Hey guys we made it back lasty night at about 11 pm what a great relaxing time. there was only 1 breakage this weekend and that was on the highway on the way back down to the store for more ice mswrangler post a front axle ujoint cap and ended up egging out the eyes so she parked for trhe rest of thwe weekend here are 3 of my pics more to follow in the next couple of days

the water fall on dry river

my buddy in a stock xj with worn out springs on 235s going up the slab right before picture rock

me doing a little posing before we leave to go home. Ireally didnt think the old bronco would get up on that rock

• I have to say, I really had a great time! It wasnt too hard although some of the water crossings and mud holes had me a little worried but I made it through without getting swamped or stalling. I didn't break anything or do any damage to my Jeep. Had a couple scratches that everyone says will compound out. We'll see. Coleman wasn't too happy about that but what you gonna do? :shrug:

The scenery is absolutely beautiful down there and there are clearings to stop for a bit and waterfalls. The waterfalls were so cool, you could climb up the side of the mountain where the waterfalls are and go into them if you wanted. Some people did. Very cold mountain water!!!

The camping is wilderness camping. No running water except for in the falls or streams and no electricity and no facilities like Steve said.

Oh and one more thing--it didn't cost a dime!! The only cost we had was gas getting there. The trails are right off the road. They are mapped out through the woods and Tony has a map of the area. He knows which trails are a little more difficult but they said stockers shouldn't have a problem with any of them.

If you get a chance to look at them-the pictures are really great!

Patti
    It's a shame I can't get a trail ride magnet for this ride, darn it!! :(

• Quote from "Patti"

It's a shame I can't get a trail ride magnet for this ride, darn it!! :(

C'mon, we posted it ahead of time and there were three DeJA members at this ride... I say give her the trail badge!

• Quote from "DrJ"

C'mon, we posted it ahead of time and there were three DeJA members at this ride... I say give her the trail badge!

I agree that this is a "badge-worthy" ride. It was announced in advance and open to all members. Be sure to catch up with me at the next meeting for your badge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!