Hello! I'm Steve Smith...

• Hello, my name is Steve Smith. I and my brother Rob originally started up this "club" as a little project on the side. We never thought that it would have taken off the way that it did, nor did I ever expect it to become such a big place... with so many members!

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I would like to thank each and every one of you for your part in making DEJA what it is today. :D

1989 Wrangler (Islander package) [_]IIIII[_]
    SOA lift (I don't remember the specifics, sorry!)
    33x12.50"/15 BFG tires (I had these), OBA, CB
    Black American Racing AR767 wheels

• It's good to see you on here steve...until recently, it seemed like you were hiding somewhere. Glad to see you back and posting.

• Au contraire! We should thank you and your brother for starting Deja and growing it into what it has become! Because of your efforts and passion for Jeeps, you have brought all of us together to share each others addiction! :laughing: Even though the Jeep community in general has good camaraderie between owners, I'd bet a lot of us would not know each other as well as we do without Deja being the common core.

Thank you!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• MellowYellow... that's because I had forgotten my password to get on here... so I sat here one day trying everything I could think of until *POOF* I found it. So then I changed my password and it's all good now.

Plus, for the longest time I had no connection to the Internet... see, here at home they don't think that I should be online for some oddball reason, so they won't give me the "key" to connect to our Comcast router... but luckily a close by neighbor has the same setup we do, but their security hasn't been set up... this is the only way I've ever been able to get online here at home.

• Hi Steve great to see you back! :hug:
    I'm joe Johnson' the other guy with a brain injury :doh:

• Hello, my name is Steve Smith. I and my brother Rob originally started up this "club" as a little project on the side. We never thought that it would have taken off the way that it did, nor did I ever expect it to become such a big place... with so many members!

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I would like to thank each and every one of you for your part in making DEJA what it is today. :D

I got my first set of lift springs from Rob
    back when our meetinga were in the hotel

• Joe, my memory is really an on/off sorta thing. For example, I remember BBD meant BlueBellyDay or something like that. I remember what you look like too. Shelly too! My long term memory is a lot better than my short-term... it's absolutely horrible! All I know is that I can't wait to be doing this one day :driving:.... driving! That day IS coming... mark my words! I'm hell bent and determined!

• I can understand about the memory thing mine comes and goes
    hope to see you driving soon
    I have a way to go yet
    little more reorvery
    and buy a new jeep :rollsmile:

• did you keep ihe islander?

Yes, I still own the very same 1989 Islander. Well, I say it's the same, but who knows... Aaron Stapen (astape) has had it at his house practically since the accident. He's been fixing it back up for me... plus some. By that I mean a full roll cage. (Wish I'd had one of them 11+ years ago!)

That's OK Joe, someday in the future I'll drive down there and we can go bomb around... ok?

Take it easy Joe... oh yeah, check your PM's. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!