Tuner or programmer

• I am about to finally make the purchase on the procomp 7069 and general tires 33". But my question is what programmer or tuber should I get. I need to fix the speedometer but are any of these tuners worth it. I'm either getting the aev procal or super chips flash for $160 or a tuner. The two I'm looking at are super hips for $296 or banks for 309. Does anyone have any experience with these. I have a 2012 automatic with the 3.21 gears.

• I have the Superchips Flashcal. It did exactly what I needed it to do when I upgraded to 35's. It's easy to use, just follow the on-screen prompts. It took less than 5 minutes to make the required changes.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• What tires do you have now? If you have the 255/75/17 tires, 33s will only be around 2mph faster at 70mph. As long as you remember that, you won't even need to reprogram it. I have a Diabosport programmer and I didn't see a power difference with my 33s. But, if you want to correct the speedometer, go with the Procal, it seems to work the best. No screen, but the toggle switches are easy to figure out.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I don't know about uping to 33's but when I went to 35's the Superchip changed all my shift points. It actually makes overdrive somewhat useful with the 3.73 gears. Still saving for 5.13 gears.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• I have the smaller 225/75/16 so I need the programmer. I ordered the Superchips. I found it for $145. wheels arrive tomorrow and programmer Saturday. Now if I can just make up my mind on tire Id be good. 285/75/16. Goodyear Duratrac, General Grabber AT2 of BFG All Terrain.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!