Ball Joint question?

• So I have started the process of replacing my ball joints :bang: :bang: . I was wondering if anyone has replaced there ball joints without using the OTC jeep/dodge adapters? Some people say its really difficult to do with out these adapters.

Marcus Wilson

North Wilmington/ Talleyville

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

92 Wrangler Sport

• Just did mine a few weekends ago, and the jeep OTC kit I got off amazon was better than what came with the harbor freight press.

During the removal the HF press actually bent so I went to advance autoparts and rented their deluxe press. That one had all the needed sizes and actually seemed to have better fitment for pressing the ball joints in than the OTC jeep specific kit, that was with synergy ball joints, guessing different brands might play better or worse with the diameters in the kit

• I live in Bear and i'm on a 24 hour shift until tomorrow morning. I'm using and OTC kit but it just has the basic cups.

Marcus Wilson

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

92 Wrangler Sport

• Ok i'll give it a little longer to see if anyone closer has the kit. Thanks !!!

Marcus Wilson

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

92 Wrangler Sport

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!