Brake Pedal?

• Does anyone know of something that would cause this>......my brake pedal and front end seem to vibrate like i'm going over those highway shoulder bumps. This only happens when i'm slowing from about 40+ mph. I know the calipers aren't siezed because the pads aren't worn down and the car doesn't pull to one side when i'm braking. So it's not that, and the rotors are brand new and not warped. So i'm thinking either a driveshaft or my front gears are jumping. I checked the gear oil and that was fine. I got an alignment and i also balanced the tires, but still have this vibration. Any ideas? :shrug:

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• Just cause your rotors are brand new does not mean they are not warped. We have had them come warped, and had them warp in 1000 miles.

Probably not your gears, could be your driveshaft. Easiest way to eliminate the driveshaft is to pull it for a couple of days and see if it helps.

Do you have rear discs? are they warped?

• Andy I had this same thing on my grand, it ended up being the bearings in the front hub on pass side. they actually wore groves in the axle shaft after the u joint.

felt like the rumble strips.

I'm not sure what yours has for a axle. up front.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Mike, i think you are right about the bearings in the hub. I was told that my spacers may cause this sometime down the road. I guess now is when it happened. So it looks like now i'm replacing a front hub assembly. Thanks for that suggestion, i overlooked it.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!