JK radio problem

• A coworker has a 2011 JK with the base radio. Recently she's been having a problem where the audio will cut out, then hear a pop from the speakers and the audio resumes. But, it'll do it every few seconds and keep going for a while. During this time, the radio face stays the same, no errors or anything like that...

Anybody have a similar experience with this? The dash and radio have never been removed, so the plugs should be tight.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I have almost the same problem with mine. It doesn't pop but will cut out. Next time it happens have her feel the face it will more then likely be hot. I think there is a problem in the radio that shows up when it gets hot. Happens more with the dash vent floor combination being used.

• Hers happens even when the jeep is cold. Good thought, though. Maybe hers overheated and damaged something.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!