4WD Gone?!?

• Apology for the long post but...

A month ago I posted about why my front wheels didn't want to move in 4WD and all the post seemed logical BUT...

Was at the beach on Friday (no problems) and Sat. On Saturday, I sunk good getting onto Gordon's :doh: . Thanks to Johnsolly who was with me to pull me out.

Here is the issue: :shrug:

When I sunk, I even tried 4Lo and nothing...my front wheels were getting no traction and not spinning. After I was pulled onto the hard sand and still in 4lo, it felt like 4WD was ingaged beacuse in lo, I was gassing it pretty good, not able to go over a few mph but not getting any help from the front wheels. I also noticed that I had no 4WD indicator light on the dash? :shrug: Any suggestions???? Front Diff? Hubs not locking?? As I said, felt like it was in 4WD but no help from the front wheels. Anybody have suggestions to take it in Dover to get it checked?

Thanks!!!!

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Sorry Ying
    I forgot what you are running?

Sounds like a vaccum disconnect issue
    on the passenger side axle there may be two
    vaccum lines going to a housing.

Make sure they are attached.

• Ooopps, it is a 90YJ. Can anyone in the Dover area help me check on this?? I am not very mechanically inclined :doh: BUT need to learn :up: !!!!!

• Quote from "ying"

Ooopps, it is a 90YJ.

yup. it is a disconnect issue .. A common problem on Yj's

I hope the vaccum lines just came off if not then
    the cure is to replace the vacuum diaphragm or buy a posi-lok cable style disconnect about $150

Do a google search on Yj vaccum disconnect. or posi lok

• Finally got around to checking this out...the vacuum lines were all tight...it was the vacuum diaphragm. Will be fixed today.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!