Paragon Report June 26 w/ pics

• Well not a lot of people showed up today but we had a good day anyway. Myself, along with my 2 girls, Taylor and Mackenzie, Matty427 (Matt) and Blue J (Andrew) met up at the Paragon parking lot. We wanted to do Greens and Blues since I had my girls with me and Matt had just installed his lift and wanted to try it out nice and easy the first time. We started out by going up Valley and doing Blueberry. We then went down Impossible Hill and from there we went onto Hall Rd and past the Spring. That is when we got the first surprise of the day. They (whoever that may be) ruined the spring. I went onto the PAP site and found out they are installing some kind of limestone filtration system to allow fish to live in the stream below.

Disgusted at what we saw we proceeded to load up and head out

We headed down Hall Rd to complete both Inner and Outer Spare tire and we also saw some more destruction down here. :doh:

We went ahead and crossed the creek in Outer Spare Tire and had lunch there by the stream. This is when we noticed Andrews jeep was overheating. He lifted up his hood and let the engine run while we ate lunch to try to let it cool off.

After lunch we headed up Rock Meadow and then through Laurel

During Laurel Andrew informed us that he was overheating again and wanted to call it a day. My girls didn't care and niether did Matt so we headed up Hall Rd to Valley and back out to the parking lot.
    Once we aired up I put all my windows back in and turned on the air Mackenzie was out in less than 5 minutes.

Over all it was a good day of wheeling, but we were saddened to see what they did to such a beautiful place such as the spring. Oh well it looks like we need to find another place to start meeting up for lunch. OR just go to Raush Creek.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Edited once, last by ().

• It had been nearly a year since I had been to Paragon and was shocked at how much things changed. It was really amazing to see these areas that i remember being so beautiful totally torn up.

Anyway - the jeep did awesome today. The springs are still a little stiff but I am very happy with how well everything is performing. Thanks for the pics Brian. I had a great time.

• First R.C. doesn't allow camping at Camp C, and now THIS!?!?!? :anger:

Really bums me out :(

Sounds like you guys had a great day regardless! Andrew, hope your Jeep's overheating wasn't too serious. :lie:

• Now that I know what they are doing, I dont mind the minor inconvenience. It was just such a shock to see it so drastically different. That will be really nice when it is done!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!