fender issues

• is thier some where in northern deleware that i can get a fender put on for a cheap rate i started on it tonight adn it is gonna take me to long to do on my own i am looking to get it done by like sunday and can't work on it saturday or the next two nights only during the day so i am thinking of opting to let a shop do it and apy them for the labor should only take a shop like an hour to do it right? any help on where to go would be apriciated

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Dont Give up yet! Sometimes you get hung up on one or two little bolts that frustrate you, but if you work through it the rest might be a cinch! Did you get the old one off already or is that what is discouraging you? Sometimes even the pros get hung up on seemingly "easy" jobs. Ive been swapping out a motor in a truck at work (350 in a Chev. PU -sb easy enough right?) and I spend almost 2 hours fighting a stupid clip that holds the fuel lines to the bellhousing. I cant just leave it off or the lines vibrate, make noise, and possibly rupture. 2 @#$ hours on one clip! Keep trying on that fender, be patient, take breaks from it if you start to get frustrated.

• if i had the time before sunday to get it done i would but i don't i am working everyday so i don't have the time to do it if it were up to me i would be off work all of tomarrow to fix the thing so that i could have it done be tomarrow evening. the other problem is i don't have the right tools still getting my collection started. i think i just might send it to a body shop to put it on it is painted and the flare is on just have to put the fender on o well back to the drawing board. maybe i will keep at it i have till 4 tomarrow be fore i have to go to work.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• hey stop buy the house tommorrow and bring the fender you can do it hree and if you run into a snag I will help you that way you can get it done and learn and I will be here to help but at the same time I can work on mine and you wont have to spend the money trust me we should be able to have ti changed pretty quickly. If I remeber right you are the guy Joe brought to the house to us the compressor right

• i have to be at work at 4 and i am in northern de how long do you think it is going to take? i have to make it back by like 3 to get ready and then drive to work, you going to be thier all day?

• I should be on the garage by like 8 am and will be there all day. i am not sure how long it will take but I would say that we should be able to be done in time if you can show up by 10 or so....

• i can be thier at 8 if you think it will only take like an hour i have the flare on the fender and some of the bolts off. i would like to be back by like late llunch because of my gf and i have plans.

• ok i will be thier at 8 am sharp.can i get a number in case i get lost?

• thanks might need some help when i get closer to ploytech as to where exactly to go.

• well thanks to tony i got my fender on and it looks pretty good the paint match is almost identical very happy with how it turned out just a few times we got hung up on some stuff. thanks again to tony for helping me out and the use of his tools having the right tool makes all the differnce.

• No probelm chris thanks for leting me use the sawsall and grinder and drill on your pretty new jeep its alot different than cutting on my old heep

• no prob and forget about any scratches it that is why i kept the paint from the body shop i will fix that later on next week but now i can profile down at the beach from sunday to friday while i am cruisein and fishin the beaches,

Scramblerjim, yeah i do feel better that i did it and it makes me more proud of my jeep everytime i look at all the work that i have done to it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!