clunk!

• hey all, recently i've noticed a clunking noise occasionally when i turn my wheels from one side to the other. i have 1"BL and 2.5" coils and shocks. i think the sound comes from the u joint that connects the steering wheel shaft to the powersteering pump. it doenst happen all of the time and i have yet to actually watch the joint pop. (i'm guessing its like what happens to a socket swivel when the angle is too acute). if this is the culprit is there a powersteering pump lift or a way to realign the steer shaft?

• Quote from "CapeRed"

hey all, recently i've noticed a clunking noise occasionally when i turn my wheels from one side to the other. i have 1"BL and 2.5" coils and shocks. i think the sound comes from the u joint that connects the steering wheel shaft to the powersteering pump. it doenst happen all of the time and i have yet to actually watch the joint pop. (i'm guessing its like what happens to a socket swivel when the angle is too acute). if this is the culprit is there a powersteering pump lift or a way to realign the steer shaft?

Might wanna check everything for tightness too.

• Front axle u-joints are my guess.

Steve (feed, burp, sleep, feed burp, sleep...)

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!