Air filter

• The TJ came with K&N's FIPK, makes it sound and feel really fast, if it is or not, I don't really care.

Anyway, after Camp Jeep, and quite a few trips on the "C Road" which was a dusty access road through what looked like a gravel pit, I thought I'd better clean and recharge my filter cone.

HOLY CRAP THAT THING CAN HOLD A LOT OF DIRT!!!!

...point is, change your air filter, it can make a big difference in performance and maybe even gas mileage, and with gas creeping up on $3 a gallon, every little bit helps!

DrJ

• do the K&N filters really help with performance or gas mileage?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• When the KJ was stock, we picked up about 3-4mpg, plus it sounded good. We then lost that increase by lifting it, of course. The filter is an easy buy, the whole FIPK? Luckily it came on my TJ.

DrJ

• I would guess any K&N supplier has them but I have never bought a K&N so I really dont' know. Q-tec had some for another brand that woudl probably fit the cone filter of the FIPK but I don't see them in the catalog anylonger

• yeah i was reading on another board, think is was bmja, that the k&n with out the pre-filter let alot of dirt in to the engine, and that ACDELCO had the best filter properties and still let amore air through then stock. and these where cone filters, to my knowledge. just som food for though.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!