****CAMPING INFO****

• I just thought I'd compile some information into a post (some has been said before...other stuff hasn't)

Mount Lalik consists of 70-80ish acres of mountainous land. (some HUUUUGE rocks too!) There is a 3/4 drive (and a turn around point halfway) up to the top and a cabin and trailer located at the top. Past the cabin is a long road leading to a cell phone tower. Jeeps may park along this road once they arrive...or anywhere else a Jeep sees fit. (pick a rock, any rock)

There will be plenty of room for camping by the fire pit and some camping is available more into the woods if needed. In our cabin we have bathroom facilities (shower, sinks, toilet) and running water (although I would advise against drinking the water, it can be used for everything else) In the kitchen we have a fridge, microwave, and toaster oven. For those non die-hard campers, we have a few couches :)

Trailers: You can either unload your Jeep somewhere before the mountain, or unload it at the turnaround point halfway up the mountain depending on how capable your tow vehicle is. All tow vehicles and trailers can be stored either on top of the mountain, or halfway up the mountain depending on your preferences. My dad's only request is that you don't hurt the little pine tree that is growing at the turn around point halfway up the mountain (Tread lightly, and stuff)

Campers: It's up to you if you want to try to make it halfway (the first half of the drive up is easier) or to the top of the mountain but I don't want to guarantee you'll make it up. You can always claim a couch or bed in the cabin if you dont' want to rough it....or just rough it outside. :)

Chris (Quadna) will be leading a group up to the mountain on Friday. Please post what times everyone wants to head up there (I know there were two groups for the last R.C. ride that came up on Friday) Also, does anyone want to be in charge of food? Otherwise the weekend will be a "fend for yourself" kind of deal where everyone brings their own food. In addition to the fire pit, we also have two grills.

So please, post again if you're coming (I want LOTS of people up there!!!!) and when you want to come up so we can get an idea who's coming up with Quadna on Friday. Thanks guys!

(Oh, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to either post them here, or PM me) :)

• If you are going to camp, please sign up here.

Unless someone want to volunteer to coordinate dinner, it will be "everyone for him/her self"...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!