A couple of stoopid questions...

• Quote from "DrJ"

Last night coming home from class, I pulled around a slow car and gave it a little gas and it fishtailed. Thought it was gonna flip...weird. I'll check the pressure this evening before we hit the road tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone, guess I'll keep them.

DrJ

steve that has to be b/c of ur heavy foot
    my stock mt/r's are great on /off raod
    snow rain whatever
    try not to hit the gas so hard
    it s not the yj with a 4cyl....lol

and Ed and slimer r right
    rotate often, i never use to till after i got a new set of street tires
    i did it every other oil change
    i cant strees that enough about the mt/r's

That's MR. Captain Beach , to you

Edited once, last by ().

• I have had 3 sets of MTR"s and can't ever think of a time when I spun them or fish tailed. I have to agree that a driver interface error maybe the problem :laughing: Go easy on the go pedal in the wet, if you can't get a set of street tires or you will end up in an accident if you can not control the throttle input. The track lock may add a slight amount to it but they are not exactly very functional after 30,000 miles, the clutches tend to where out making them funtion very close to an open carrier.

• Just wonder what was the outcome? 45 psi, broken axle, running without track bar?

This morning it was raining hard, I stepped on the gas so hard, but I can't get the TJ to fishtai. But then I only regular 4.L engine.

• I'm really thinking it was a pressure issue. And learning to drive my first Jeep with a 6 cylinder. It is much more torquey than the 4 in my previous YJs (duh!). The KJ had a 6 but was much heavier. Light changes...I push hard...it spins...go figure. Airing up and down a few times for trail rides, it is hard to say where the pressure has been over the past couple of months, but now that I trust that they're at 28psi, it DOES seem better. Early last month, I had it aligned after GWNF and the shop found my track bar bolt had egged the bushing it sits in by being too loose. They fixed it with a larger bolt and it snugged right up. Seems good now all around.

Good enough that I'm hunting down stray new 31" MT/Rs.

DrJ

• Quote from "underDAWG"

I just cannot emphasize enough the importance of digital tire gauge and its proper operating procedure. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wiser words have never been spoken.

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!