YJ body on a CJ frame

• I now own a YJ body( and the frame also) and functioning if not somewhat rusted CJ. Can someone point to a website or suggest a manual that can help me link the two up. :hmm: Some mention of a slight modification to the engine mounts has been made. What if I used the YJ frame and mounted my CJ drive train. Just looking for any helpful advice.

• Quote from "Magnum79"

I now own a YJ body( and the frame also) and functioning if not somewhat rusted CJ. Can someone point to a website or suggest a manual that can help me link the two up. :hmm: Some mention of a slight modification to the engine mounts has been made. What if I used the YJ frame and mounted my CJ drive train. Just looking for any helpful advice.

i would use the yj frame. i know for a fact its in perfect shape, so its a great starting point.
    Try looking around the cj forums on JU, or do a search on pirate in the jeep forum. theres alot of info out there.

• Personally i just refurbished the CJ frame and drive train and used a YJ tub. I can tell you what i had to do if you were interested, or come take a look at it at the shop some day.

On the other hand. If you go to a YJ tub and frame, then its not a CJ anymore and i'd say you lose the charm of the old jeep. But using the YJ frame gives you the upgrade for suspension and i believe a few other things.

If you go with YJ, i would just get the beefier 4.0 and be done with it all. As i have heard, FI is always eventually in the cards.

My 2 cents

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!