I need help figuring this out.

• ok here it is... as for sean and andrews constant questioning, YES, i fixed it. Turns out 6" of lift and a stock pitman arm is not a good combo. Having it at such an angle is too much strain on the dampener and by putting it back down where it should be, eliminated the problem. I'm sure it was just a minor fix added to all the others. If I only did that I doubt it would have stopped it. But my woes are finally over. I do have some minor vibrations though... when going around 50 (actually around 59 according to the GPS) i get a deep vibration when in 5th gear, but as soon as I shift back down into 4th, it stops. I feel this is partially because I haven't angled the axle more since the recent lift, so that'll be a project tomorrow. I'm still going to get the adj Uppers for the front, because even eyeing it I can see that the front axle also needs to be rotated. Thanks to all for helping and no thanks to sean and andrew for being pain in the asses.

:razz:

• I'm glad to hear you got it licked..... :driving: :wavey:

Sorry I couldn't contribute anything other than to make you smile
    (yes, I know that's being presumptious)

My lift kit came with a drop pitman arm and a friend of mine I work with was telling me "aww, you don't need that thing, just use the stock one"....

Man, I'm glad I didn't listen to him.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• actually for 4" or less, you don't. It doesn't play that big of a part and sometimes can actually CAUSE problems. Hit 6", do it :)

• Im sure the vibrations in 5th are from lack of re-gearing the jeep, once you do it should go back to normal.

• Yo Jeff, half way on the way to work this morning my jeep starts violently shaking through the steering wheel and only when im on the gas no matter what speed, turns out, rear driveshaft cv was worn out, replaced it at lunch, now im good to go...

• Mine was only vibing today, i fixed the steering wobble a long time ago...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!