Offical DeJA Monkey Tag rules

• First a little back ground.
    A couple years ago several Club Members were becoming upset over
    the fact that Jeep owners were no longer giving the 'Jeep Wave' as they passed another Jeep on the road.

It all came to a head after a high-ranking club member failed to wave
    to a fellow club member. (High-ranking club member will not be named)

I then thought "Let's make a game out of it." the first version was called "Jeep Tag".
    The Rules were simple.

Rule 1) All club members will wave to any other club member if they pass on the street. (At this time we were a very small club and we could recognize most of the other jeeps in the club)

Rule 2) if any member failed to wave or return a wave, the offended club member would post the name of the alleged offender, the time and place of the incident.

Rule 3)The Alleged Offender would then have 24 hours to post and admit to refute the charge. If He refuted the charge we would vote with a :up: for not guilty and a :down: for guilty. Majority rules.

Rule 4) If the alleged offender pled or was found guilty he or she would be labeled, "IT", until the next offender is adjudged guilty.

It was suggested that the term, “IT” was not good enough. At the time we had a smiley that was a monkey So it was suggested we name this person Monkey. Thus the DeJA Monkey was born.
    Steve Smith then wrote a program to place a pic of the monkey on the person who was guilty.

Several extra rules have come up over the last two years.
    1) No monkey tags with in a 1-mile radius of a DeJA Event.
    2) US 95 and 495 were no tag zones due to traffic
    3) No tags at intersections unless the jeeps are in the front row as you drive by.
    4) You must have the membership sticker displayed to be in the game.
    5) This is a daylight only game.
    6) Members must be on a road or highway. No tags if one is in a parking lot or pumping gas.
    7) The area along Rt. 1, from 5 points Lewes to southern Dewey Beach Town limits, is now a no tag zone due to traffic. (Memorial Day to Labor Day Only)

If I have forgotten any I will edit this post.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!