Tow Vehicle?

• Mine isn't a daily driver, I consider myself extremely lucky, I have a company vehicle w/ gas card. I love it. My question came from the posting for the Rausch Creek Thread, I saw everyone putting their Jeeps on trailers.

• Most folks drive their jeeps to Paragon and RC. A few of us do tow, but it's a personal choice. I tow because...

1. It's more comfortable in the truck, especially on cold mornings (my jeep is window and doorless 8 months of the year), and I can hear my sirius radio over the road noise
    2. I don't like to push the jeep over 55 mph
    3. I bought my BFG Krawlers for the rocks -- I don't want to waste them for 200 miles on pavement
    4. I tend to break stuff
    5. I can help others out when they break stuff.

Towing seems to be getting more popular, but it is certainly an investment.

• I was looking at using my dads sequioa to tow, but I have to find a trailer first....and if i find a trailer I might as well just find a older diesel truck....

thats a investment right now im not gonna venture into....

• I just went down this road. I opted to stick with a half ton truck due to the fact it will be going to and from work more then towing. Picked up a leftover 05 ram 4x4 hemi for really good price. So far i've only towed the rig with it once from middletown to wilmington. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does up in the mountains.

• I have a 93 Dodge 350 dually 4x4 w/ the cummins. I don't thinki could ever sell it. My stupid friend the other daybured his truck to the freme in stickey stuck two feet 10 off the clay road. Of course he accidenty locked the keys in with the truck in 4 low and in park. I pulled him right out and dragged him down the road (probably not good for his ramcharge but cheap the a tow. Rember a craftsman #2 phillips does notmake a good reciever hitch pin. LOL.

Its actually better, in my opinion, to get 4x4 on a solid axle truck, especially one with kings pins. There is vertually no matainence, and very few moving parts (with leaves that is).

If i lived in PA i would have second though about the beloved diesel. It sucked driving 5 miles in the wrong dirrection with a trailer, with the needle on E to to Bath, PA just to buy Diesel. PA is the worst about selling diesel, and with all the mountains you would assume them to have them, but every 250/2500 we saw was V-10, which is what i would get if i lived in PA

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• I have two stations that sell diesel right in West Chester, the second one being 10 minutes from my house. But it is in the other direction.

I am still looking around, talking with a lot of people. I am pretty uptight about allowing new members of the family to come in, they have to meet the jeep and make sure there is no jealousy and such.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!