Xtreme Reverse-a-bar

• I am new to this site as I just signed up today and am basically pretty new to the jeep world in general. My wife and I have a 2005 Rubicon Unlimited and are planning on going to the Pocono’s Big Boulder Jeep Jamboree this year. Our jeep in completely stock right now but I am considering buying the Xtreme-reverse-a-bar (see link below) before we go. Does anyone have any in put on this product or recommend anything better? Also, is there anything else we should consider doing before the trip. Our jeep is completely stock right now and this will be our first off roading experience.

Thanks in advance for the help, I’m looking forward to enjoying your site!!!

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-b…M=00&UID=2006021213405407

• Welcome to DeJA! :wavey:

I'd suggest a few things...

Do the Poconos Jamboree, but don't have that be your first trail ride. DeJA will be running trail rides at least monthly year round, so you can get a chance to learn some trail riding in a smaller group before the Jamboree. (DeJA rides can have as few as four or five participants, while the Jam rides will normally have 20 to 25 in a group.) We can also give you a more personalized introduction to "off-road driving" (as we politely call it) than you'll get at the Jam.

A few of us (me included) worked at Camp Jeep last year, on the grounds of Big Boulder / Jack frost, where the Poconos Jamboree will be held. It's likely a few will be invited to work at this year's Jam, so we can help you out there as well. Also, DeJA members often gets a chance to join a "pre-run", a practice session for the trail leaders held a few weeks before the Jam. If you join up, you can participate (it's one of our few "members only" events).

About the reverse-a-bar, I'm not sure what you need that for, so I can't see whether it's a good idea. It looks to me like it will reduce you clearance under the rockers by a few inches. If you will stick to green (intro level) trails or the beach, they should be OK, but if you ever want to get into more heavy duty trails they will get beat up and caught up on stuff. I'd suggest coming to a meeting or other event, and checking out what others use for rocker protection. There are some good products out on the market, and we have a few members that can fabricate whatever you need (check out Holly Oak 4X4 in Claymont DE and A to Z Fabrication in Cressona PA).

Thanks for stopping by our web site, and we hope to see you soon!

BlueJ

• thanks for the input bluej. are the trail rides local or in the tri state area? The purpose for the reverse-a-bar was mainly to use as an entry step but i never though they could cause problems. what do i need to do to attend your meetings or trail rides?

• trail rides take place at rausch creek offroad park http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.com and paragon adventure park http://www.paragonap.com

they have minimum requirements posted on the site. we have our own as well but pretty much overlap

first aid kit
    fire extinguisher
    CB radio
    tow strap without hooks

you can attend a trail ride as a guest..as long as you have the required equipment. members get a "trail badge" for every DEJA trail ride.

stop by a meeting and introduce yourself and hand in your application at the same time.

• stat away from that bar. it will only cause more damage to your jeep than it will help.
    if you want a step, look up A-Z Fabrication's rockers with the round or square tube steps. they will protect your jeeps rockers and provide a step.

• wow, those events look great and for a fraction of the price of a jamboree. I noticed that the next event if the 19th of feb. but unfortunately i cant make it that weekend. when is the next event and how far in advance are they typically scheduled? Are they usally just a one day thing or do you guys stay over night? Sorry for all the newbie questions, Im looking forward to attending a meeting!

• quetions are fine....believe me..we all asked the same ones

trail rides are usually determined by the beginning of the month. . one or 2 per month.

overnight trips happen a couple times a year. check out the threads on GWNF (george washington national forrest) it is a little farther but seems to be a great weekend on the trails (stock level trails) i havent had time to make it to one. we also have a 2 day event at rausch creek. good times

DEJA trail rides are a lot cheaper...and you have more chances to try things as you feel comfortable. we break down into groups based on experience/modifications so everyone does what they feel comfortable with.

• Monthly rides are usually scheduled a few weeks in advance. These are one day trips to the Poconos off of Rt. 81. Links to Paragon Adventure Park and Rausch Creek are in posts above. Paragon is about 2 hours from N. Wilmington, Rausch Creek about 2 1/4. We usually drive up as a group, so you don't have to worry about directions. Those are our normal ride places, and we have a number of members who know the parks well enough to lead groups. Sometimes we'll have a two-day ride with camping at Rausch Creek, though one day attenance at these rides is fine as well. Keep an eye out for our postings in the "Trail Rides and Gatherings" forum.

We have some special rides as well. The week-end ride to George Washington National Park in Va (W. Va?) has been a very popular event, I think we're up to #4 this spring. It is a good ride for stock vehicles and newbie drivers, as well as a great opportunity to meet a number of club members. I'm hoping to make it for the first time this year.

And as I mentioned, as opportunities like the Poconos Jam pre-run come up, we post those. Usually this is on short notice, as it's at the discretion of the Jam organizers. Also, some folks have organized rides to the Pine Barrens in NJ, though we haven't had that a club ride yet.

I don't think you mentioned where you live. Please be aware that there is no public legal wheeling in Delaware. The canal is off-limits and illegal, just in case you are tempted.

Our club meetings are monthly (though we cancelled the February meeting today due to the weather), held in Dover on the second Sunday of the month, at the Lobby House. Directions are posted in the meeting notice posting in the "DeJA Issues" forum. No sign-up is needed, just show up (with your jeep!).

see you soon. :wavey:

• Quote from "rdjp94"

yea I say BlueJ for pres next term...

:soapbox:

:shrug:

My term as Trail Boss and on the BOD just ended in December... time to give others the opportunity...

• Quote from "DSP5"

thanks for the input bluej. are the trail rides local or in the tri state area? The purpose for the reverse-a-bar was mainly to use as an entry step but i never though they could cause problems. what do i need to do to attend your meetings or trail rides?

for an entry step you might try the stirrup settup..
    http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-b…jeep/cj/cj.html&checked=Y
    ive heard good things and they detach or fold into the vehicle...
    or you can just jump thats what i do..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!