Fluid leak

• This morning I went out to start the Jeep for work. I notice a puddle of fluid just behind my driver side tire. It smells and looks like gear oil. I popped the hood to look and see if I had some type of leak and noticed that my power steering fluid was low. I started it up and turned the wheel a few times. I checked the gearbox and sure enough it was leaking at the seal on the bottom. This is the easy one. It looks I need either a new gearbox or a rebuild I guess. The problem is, the puddle of fluid on the ground. Looking under the hood, I also noticed a puddle of fluid just below my ARB compressor that is mounted directly over my driver side battery tray that is what was dripping down to my driveway. I saw no fluid leaking from anything in that area. I checked the PS pump and both lines they were dry as a bone even under pressure. Would there be a way to get leaking from the line between the diff and my compressor? Is there fluid in the compressor? Is sure smells and looks like clean diff fluid to me wich would make sense since I just changed it in the rear a few weeks ago. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!