1983 CJ7

• Hi guys- new to this forum- I have a 1983 Jeep I tipped it last feb on Mill creek road. Looking for some ideas...Do I take to to a body shop or do I part it out? Its a little off, might just need a good straighening.LOL I hit a telephone pole in the snow and It went up on its side, I have 33x14.50 tires. The windshield is toast, the rad. has a hole, but I figure that is minor, I am more concerned with the body of the jeep. I dont want to spend a forturne on parts when the body is crap. I love my jeep, can give it up! It will be hard but I must do whats good for the Jeep!!!!

Long story short, Does anyone know who or where I should take it? A good body man, that is honest out there? I will try to post some pics!....Thanks Kevin

• Welcome!

Sorry to hear about you hitting a pole...where are you from...that will help us best in telling you where to take it.

If you up in NCC I would say Henry Brothers Auto body in Stanton...I've used them for 2 vehicles and they are great!

I will emphisize on this thought
    :useless:

-Joo :innocent:

• Hey sorry to hear about your CJ. IMO It may be best to to a tub swap if you have the time/ability, as long as your frame is good. A popular conversion is putting a YJ tub on a CJ frame, since YJ tubs are usually not all rotted out. Da Mutt is trying to sell as YJ tub here is the link to the topic http://www.delawareja.com/modu…ums&file=viewtopic&t=7601 I agree with Joo, try and throw some pics up and maybe you can get some better opinions. Hope i helped :peace:

• if you need help getting the pics posted let me know id be glad to help out...
    yea i rolled my 81 back in the day all that was wrong was windshield frame and radiator.. those things are tough....
    YJ tub is a good way to go... wish they had as many old YJ's sittin around when i was fixin my CJ or i would have gone that way.. oh well..
    welcome to the club and hope we can help get your Cj to wheel another day...

• if you part it out i call first dibs on those tires if they have a good maount of tread left.. man oh man do i need new tires haha

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!