TJ Catback Exhaust Upgrade

• I'm looking for recommendations on the best exhaust upgrade for my 2004 TJ 4.0. Right now I'm thinking of the Banks Monster cat-back system. Anyone have any thoughts on what the best is from a sound and performance viewpoint?

• keep in mind any muffler stuffed with fiberglass will get louder over time as the fiberglass gets blown out, mufflers with chambers will remain more constant

I like my magnaflow and banks mufflers, I know some others are running borla, others are happy with flowmaster. I know magnaflow has a sound clip on their website but your best bet would be to get a hold of someone and listen to it before you buy it.

• I run Borla and like it alot. I'll be at the spring fling if you want to listen.
    :peace:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• is there any cat-backs out there that sound decent on a 4cyl?
    not buzzy, not too loud, but satisfying?

Audi A4 2.0t quattro<br />gone: 2000 4 banger<br />(w/ no AC lol) BB and 6cyl springs 31x10.5 Dunlop Mud Terrains Lights and toys:-)&nbsp; <br />gone: 91 yj blood, sweat, and rebuilds&nbsp; Will accept all donations of beer, parts, and money.

• love my banks. cant speak for power (went to 4.56 gears and 35's around the same time) but it does sound awesome. i do seem to have a lot of low end torque

• I am running glass packs on mine a little to loud for my liking . Going to switch to flowmasters this summer

85 cj7 4&quot; suspension 1&quot; body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9&quot; / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• Quote from "91yj"

is there any cat-backs out there that sound decent on a 4cyl?
    not buzzy, not too loud, but satisfying?

unfortunately, no.

As long as you purchase a quality exhaust (borla or banks) you will be satisfied

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!